one

Jaehyun smiles softly as he slowly made his way to the couch where his sister and mother were already seated

Jaehyun smiles softly as he slowly made his way to the couch where his sister and mother were already seated. The pair both smiled up at him as he took his seat next to them.

His father followed shortly, having finally finished putting away the clean dishes. He gets comfortable in his recliner chair before starting to flick channels on the TV.

"What should we watch?" The older man raises the question. Not to anyone in particular, leaving it open for anyone to respond.

"Depends, would it be a bad idea to watch a little bit of the news?" Jaehyun's mother suggests, raising her hand to scratch the back of her neck.

"Hye" Jaehyun calls the name of his younger sister softly. The young girl turns her head to look at him as she hums in response.

"Do you want to go upstairs and watch something?" He asks her, his tone quiet. Their parents continue to discuss whether it is worth watching the news as this happens.

Hye shakes her head firmly, not hesitating to do so.
"I think we should stay out here tonight. I want to spend time with mom."

Jaehyun just pokes his tongue out at her, causing her to mimic his expression in return.

"20 minutes. No more. No less" Their father states firmly as he flicks the channel once more.

Why is the news dangerous to watch? Because every report has something to do with the monsters which swarm the streets of this so called Earth.

It scares Hye.

"We have a special guest who is here to inform us all of a decision which has been made." The reporter speaks clearly through the screen.
"Please welcome our head of defences, Kim Doyoung."

At the mentioning of his name, both Mr and Mrs Jung frown, watching on with tight expressions.

A tall male in a black suit walks into the news studio, his black hair has been pushed back with a comb and his overall appearance seems to be neat...Too neat.

"Good evening all. It is a pleasure to be with you this evening." He smiles as he speaks, though Jaehyun can tell his expression is completely fake.

"I have come to issue some news to the people in a certain area. Soon a map will appear on the screen, showing you which areas will be affected tonight."

Instinctively, Jaehyun moves closer to his younger sister. He is old enough to know exactly what this man on the TV is going to say next.

"As you all know, The Sorcerer is collecting all kids, ages varying from 0 - 20 years old. These young children are the hope for the new society. Using state of the art facilities, we are training these young people to have the skills needed to fight for a peaceful future. I'd like to direct your eyes to this map. Any children within the highlighted areas will be collected tonight. A friendly reminder to not put up a fuss when you're collected. Our men won't hesitate to harm the families. And that wouldn't make anyone smile."