ten

Doyoung was seated on the end of the chair, his hands were over his mouth as he rested his elbows on his knees

Doyoung was seated on the end of the chair, his hands were over his mouth as he rested his elbows on his knees. His fiance was out, chasing after the handful of recruits who had managed to escape, this left him alone, waiting for his safe return.

The security alarms were silenced a few minutes ago. With the problem out of the building, there was no reason to allow for the annoying loud sirens to keep going off.

As soon as he heard the security walls raising, he knew his red haired lover had returned. Immediately standing, he rushes to the entrance where the guards should be re-grouping with the captured escapees.

Pushing past the others, he runs in the direction of the red haired male whom he can spot exiting one of the vehicles. Taeil barely has a chance to register who it is as the taller wraps his arms around him.

"Are you injured?" The raven haired male asks, pulling away to examine the older for any obvious wounds.

"Not at all, my love." Taeil shakes his head slowly, caressing the younger's cheek with his hand. "But they got away, we didn't capture them."

Hearing this, Doyoung feels a mixture of relief and worry. Surely Mr Nakamoto won't be too happy to hear that five of their recruits had managed to escape, including his son.

"Don't worry too much about it. We will figure it out, together. Just like we always have" Doyoung assures him, pecking his lips. "These roses need to be painted, we just have to find them first."

Taeil grins his typical expression as he hears this idea, with a chuckle he adds, "No rose will be left unpainted."

The pair are interrupted as a sudden scream echoes from inside the institute. They part from each other as they move to investigate the sudden sound of terror.

Entering the facility, Hyuna can be spotted immediately crouched on the floor, cupping her mouth with her hands as she sobs loudly.

Doyoung goes to her side and gently places a hand on her back.

"What happened?"

"D-Doyoung" Taeil stutters as he catches sight of what the woman on the floor must've seen. The raven haired male slowly looks ahead and fills his stomach beginning to churn.

He stands once more and takes a step closer to his fiance, grabbing onto his hand for reassurance.

Hye is on the ground, blood surrounds the area where her waist has been seperated from her torso. Her arm is outstretched while her eyes remain closed. Most of her insides have fallen onto the floor before her corpse.

"I was coming to retieve H-Hye, it was said she ran away with the others. I came to this exit and f-found her like this" Hyuna explains, her voice frail.

Doyoung finds himself beginning to tremble ever so slightly. He has seen many horrific deaths in his time yet he has never witnessed something this horrendous.