fifteen (m)

"Jae" A soft voice gently calls his name

"Jae" A soft voice gently calls his name. At first he doesn't recognise the identity behind this voice but it soon resonates with him.

Slowly opening his eyes, he squints and has to blink a few times as he allows for his eyes to adjust to the sudden intake of light from his surroundings. He is leaning against a tree atop the top of a hill, which a lake resides at the bottom with beautiful clear waters.

The scent of the fresh cut grass was thick and somehow pleasing in the air. With crystal clear skies and calm water down at the lake, it was nearly a picture of serenity.

"Come play with us" his little sister exclaims as she grabs his arm, doing her best to tug on it with all her strength.

"Us?" Jaehyun can't help but question this. That's when he moves his gaze several metres ahead where he sees a silver haired male throwing a ball back and forth with another boy.

It's Taeyong and Jisung.

Taeyong notices Jaehyun is awake, pausing his throw to smile at the younger before releasing ball, releasing it into the air until it stops its journey, landing in Jisung's grasp.

The brown haired male goes to push himself off the tree but finds he cannot move. He has no control over his limbs, they are dead stiff, refusing to even flinch.

"Hey" Taeyong calls out as he approaches. He hands the ball to Hye, whispering something before letting her go as she runs off towards Jisung. The silver haired male then moves to take a seat beside the younger, leaning into him ever so slightly.

"What is this?" Jaehyun mutters.

"A dream" Taeyong states way too simply.

Jaehyun doesn't pull his gaze away from Hye and Jisung. His sister looks so happy as she runs all over the place in attempt to catch the ball as it falls from the sky. And most of all, she's alive.

He had always dreamed of days like these. Days where there no worries and no monsters. Days where the sky was clear and everything was just calm.

Days where they weren't be taken from their families.

Days where they weren't running away.

"You can stay as long as you'd like" Taeyong voices beside him, bringing his focus back to the silver haired male. It is now that the brown haired male notices the simple jeans and white t-shirt which hugs the older's frame.

It's nice seeing him looking comfortable, instead of being concerned and in black.

The wounds seem to be non-existent on this Taeyong. Just as Jaehyun has always hoped. More then anything he just wants to keep the older from harm. Yet there is only so much he can do.