seven

Soon after the helicopters departure, Taeil and Doyoung made their way off the roof

Soon after the helicopters departure, Taeil and Doyoung made their way off the roof. This just left Taeyong and Jaehyun, still standing in the same spot, holding onto each other.

Yuta watched the helicopter fly away, he saw Jaehyun embrace Taeyong so he didn't go out on the roof. He decided to go back to his room and see Sicheng.

It wasn't until the helicopter was far out of sight that Taeyong pushed the younger away and moved to be standing alone a few paces away.

The younger clears his throat as he just stays standing where he is. He doesn't approach the older again, he needs his space. He just lost his brother.

"He's gone" The older's voice wavers. "He's really gone. I was too late. I was meant to save him but I just watched as they took him away from me."

Jaehyun opens his mouth to try and comfort the older but he's interrupted as the silver haired male turns to face him him again.

"He's going to wake up in a foreign place and have no idea where he is. He won't know anyone who is there. He'll beg for his big brother to come in and save the day but I couldn't even do that."

Jaehyun steps forwards and gently grabs the older by the shoulders, briefly holding eye contact before Taeyong shrugs him off.

"I failed Jisung. I failed my parents. They trusted me to look after him."

The older gazes at the younger, eyes filled sorrow and anger, one more time before pushing past him, exiting the roof top.

— — — —

Taeyong wasn't in the room when Jaehyun followed after him a few minutes after he walked away.

This was the younger's first day, he literally has no idea where he needs to go to eat. He is currently stalking the corridors, hoping he will find someone else but the halls seem to be empty.

He hasn't even been here long enough to know where Taeyong would go when he's feeling this way.

He wishes he could do more to help the silver haired male. He struggles to comfort him and it pains him to see someone in so much pain.

"Jaehyun?" A voice which is kind of familiar to the brown haired male calls his name. The newcomer stops in his steps and turns to view the person approaching.

He recognises the blond haired man as the person who came to notify Taeyong of his brother's departure earlier.

"I'm Yuta, Taeyong's friend" The man extends his hand. Warily, the younger shakes it, holding this mans gaze the entire time.

"Don't look at me like that. I'm afraid I'm dating someone else. Taeyong's all yours if you want him" The light haired chuckles. "That is, if he will want you."