Chapter 6 - New Member

*Credit to the artist - Not Mine*

Lotor POV

A distress call was sent to us by one of the planets we protect, Lance and I took a mini ship and went over to see what we could do. When we landed we heard screaming, we ran towards the sound to see a beast destroying the town. We ran towards the monster until I noticed a glow in the corner of my eye. I turn to see it was a little girl surrounded by a red barrier crying her eyes out. I grab Lance's arm and point to the little girl, before I could say anything Lance was already ahead of me, running towards the girl. She looked up, her eyes were glowing red and tears were falling from her face. Lance held out his arms, "Don't worry you're not alone. We'll protect you." She ran into Lance's arms, the barrier fell and the monster finally notices us.

We turned around to see him running straight towards us and fast. We didn't have enough time to dodge, Lance closed his eyes and whispers sweet words to the girl, he held out his hand and a blast of energy pushed the monster back. I looked over to see his Altean marks and his eyes glowing. The girl looked up at Lance and smiled, Lance set her down and she grabbed onto my leg, the Barrier formed again around us.

The monster got on his feet and roared at Lance, he ran towards Lance and he did the same. Lance aimed his hands at the beast and froze his feet, kicking the beast side. The beast broke free and glared at Lance. Lance planted his feet in the ground and roared at him. His roar sent a large blast of energy to the beast making him fall to his knees. Lance walked over to him and touched his forehead, and his hand started to glow. Once the glowing stopped, the beast stood on his feet and wagged his long tail.

Lance's eyes and marks stopped glowing, and he turned and smiled at us. He ran over to me and the little girl, her barrier disappeared. I hugged Lance, "How did you do that?!" He looked at me and shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know. I wanted to protect you two and then I felt a large amount of energy flow  and I just went for it." I was taken back by what he said but he kissed me making all of my worries fade away. I chuckled a bit, "What did I do to deserve you?" He smiled and looked down at the little girl.

"My name is Lance and this is Lotor, what's your name?" She looked at us then said her name slowly, "Jessalyn" I smiled at her and kneeled down so I could see her face. She had dark blue eyes and long white hair, "Wheres your mommy and daddy?" She frowned at looked at the ground, "I don't have a mommy and daddy, I live in the orphanage with some other kids. When the monster attacked they left me behind, I was alone until you came and saved me!" She looked at me and gave me a small smile. Lance giggled a bit, "How did you make that red barrier?" She looked at Lance and shrugged her shoulders, "When I'm not safe or in danger it forms around me and keeps me safe, the mean lady at the orphanage says I'm cursed but I don't believe her. She doesn't like me so poop her!"

She reminds me of Lance, "How old are you?" She calmed down a bit, "I'm 5" I was a bit surprised but I brushed it off. I looked at Lance and he looked at me, we both had the same idea. Lance kneeled down next to me and smiled at the girl, "Do you want to come with us?" She looked a bit taken back, then she started to cry and jumped into Lance's arms. "Yes, will you be my mommy?" Lance kissed her forehead and smiled, "Of course" She looked at me, pointed at me and smiled, "Then you have to be my daddy!" I smiled at her and kissed the back of her hand, "I wouldn't want it any other way."

We all had a group hug but was interrupted by a nose sniffing my hair. I looked up to see the beast looking at us with its tail wagging. Lance and Jess laughed at the actions of the beast, Jess held her hand out for the beast, he licked her hand a bit and wagged his tail. Jess laughed, "Can I call you Yome?" The beast started to jump a bit, making the town shake a bit.

We led Yome to the townspeople, Lance looked at Yome with a loving smile, "Can you protect the people of this town?" Yome wagged his and sat down obediently. The townspeople cheered and thanked us for protecting them.

And with that Lance, Jess and I went back to the mini ship and headed back.

~Timeskip~

On our way to the main ship, I messaged all of my generals to meet us in the meeting room. Once we got there Jess hid behind Lance and me, the door opened to see our generals standing tall. "I would like you to meet the new member of the team. Jess showed her head and waved at the shocked girls. Jess tapped Lance's leg, he looked down. Jess pointed at the girls, "They're pretty." Lance picked Jess up and nodded, the 4 generals walked over to Jess and began to introduce themselves.

Lance and Lotor told them what happened and they accepted Jessalyn with open arms. While Ezor, Zethrid, and Harti played with Jess, Acxa introduced a new situation. "Prince Lotor, Haggar has been snooping around the ship and is becoming suspicious of what we do around here. We need to find a way to keep her and her magic out. Not only that but I think we should move forward with our plan of overthrowing Zarkon." I thought for a second and looked at Lance, "Lance Is there any way you can use your power to protect the ship?" He nodded, "Lotor, as much as it pains me to say this but I think we should try to inform the Paladins of Voltron of your plan. The Lions can be used as back up when taking over the throne, they want the same thing as you but they're just a bit...close-minded."

Lotor looked a bit shocked by my suggestion but Acxa spoke up, "I agree with Lance, we should at least try."

Lotor though for a minute and nodded, "I'll send them a message." Jess went with Lance and I stayed and did some work in the meeting room.

~Mini Timeskip~

While working, the purple lights in the room started to glow little bits of blue and red. Growing brighter by the second, I get up and walk through the halls to see some of my generals looking as confused as I. All of us walked through the hallway, flowing the lights that blinked. They led us to Jess and Lances eyes glowing, then the lights went back to normal and so did Jess and Lance. Lance looked a bit tired but Jess and I helped Lance up. He smiled at me, "The ship is protected, Haggar's magic shouldn't be able to touch us and if it does then I will be alerted."

I gave them both a proud smile and kissed their foreheads. Ezor cleared her throat, "Jess the girls and I have a surprise for you~" She presented a doll that looked like a white lion, Jess shot up and the girls gave her the doll. She was super excited and happy. She asked the generals if they could play, but they all had research to do for there upcoming missions. Lance walked up to her and ran his fingers through her hair. She smiled and dragged him away with the white lion in her hand.

I smiled at the sight and went to the head of the ship to send a message to Voltron.

*Message Accepted."

The first thing I see is Princess Allura and the other Paladins. "Hello Paladin's of Voltron, I would like to set a date for us to meet and form an alliance together to take down my father. Ar-" "Papa!" The door quickly opened and closed. Jessalyn ran up to me, "Can you help mama and I find my doll?" I picked Jess up and kissed her forehead, "Of course, go find Mama and ill be done in a minute." Her eyes glowed and she nodded eagerly, I put her down, the door opened and she was in the hallway"Jessalyn! Where are you!" Lance yelled with worry, "I'm right here Mama!" Then the door closed and I focused my attention on the Paladins. I looked at them, "So, do you accept?"