Chapter 9

Days passed by quickly and it was the New Year's Eve already, yet time seemed to move really slowly for Off. It had been a couple of weeks since the male slept with Gun and those past two weeks had been really frustrating for him.

"You need to be honest with your feelings, Peng."

That was the word Tay said to him when they met the night after the incident and, honestly, it hadn't been easy for Off. His mind and heart kept fighting and he still couldn't decide about his true feeling. He knew in his heart that he might like Gun more than just a close junior, yet his mind always denied that fact, pulling him back on the track he had been running on for his whole life.

Don't get him wrong, he got no problem with people liking the same gender, but he just believed that he wasn't one of them. He was not gay or bisexual or even attracted to Gun in that kind of way. He had never liked a boy before and he never thought he would ever like a boy.

It made it more awful for him that Gun acted like there was nothing going on between them and the younger never talked about that incident at all. His friends also never bothered to ask Off about it, nor they ever even teased them for that night. Like the night they had sex never existed in the first place.

They could easily joke about Oab and Gun, but why nobody said anything about him and Gun? Off was going insane.

"Peng." Off called softly, making the male in front of him lift his head from his drink. The clock pointed to 10PM and they were hanging out at Asiatique the Riverfront, waiting for the New Year's countdown to start. It was supposed to be a happy moment, yet Off's face was screaming frustration all over.

It made Tay sigh, knowing what his best friend was thinking. "Seriously, Off? It had been two freaking weeks."

The said male only nodded weakly. "We were supposed to go to a nightclub or a pub instead of being here."

"It was your call to come here, Peng."

Off sighed softly. "I know."

The male had heard that Gun and his gang were coming here for New Year's Eve. Apparently, Gun loved fireworks, so the group of friends always came to watch fireworks whenever there was a festival or event. Off and Tay were invited too, but Off rejected to join. Yet there they were, just the two of them in the heavily crowded place.

"Why did you even say no to them when you ended up dragging me here?"

"I don't know." Silence fell for a few seconds. "I suddenly wanted to see him, I guess?"

"See, Peng, you just have to be honest with your feeling. I told you."

Off kept silent as he sipped on his drink, avoiding Tay's eyes.

"Damn it, Off! How hard it is to say that you like Gun?"

"Because I don't, Tay. He's not-"

"A girl?" Tay sighed in frustration, gulping down his drink, emptying his glass. "Who cares about his fucking gender, Off? Your heart is more important. Do you want what happened with Alice to happen again? Damn it!"

"I might just be confused right now."

"Seriously?" Tay looked at Off in disbelief and his friend only nodded in response. Another heavy sigh of frustration escaped Tay's lips. Off was impossible.

"Don't say I didn't warn you later on."

📴🔫📴🔫📴🔫📴🔫📴🔫
-------

Off's jaw hardened as he gritted his teeth seeing the scene in front of him. It was Gun and his gang, with Maprang and an unfamiliar guy standing so closely beside the younger. The guy was probably Off's height and he had one arm wrapped across of Gun's shoulders, while Gun was being comfortably close with him.