A Kind Of Magic

Roger's POV
God, why the hell cant I get my mind off of him? Ever since Smile started, Brian has been like a brother to me. But in the past few years, I've started to feel a stronger connection to him. Since I can't sleep, I might as well put my time to good use and take a walk or something. Flipping the covers back, I roll out of bed and pull my shoes on. The night air is cool and crisp, so I put on a jacket, not bothering to zip it up. I intend not to walk anywhere whilst having a cigarette or two, but my legs seem to think otherwise. I'm not paying attention to where I'm headed until I notice the door I'm standing in front of. The studio? Maybe I should practice my drums, get my mind off things. But as I head inside, I can see that won't be happening.

Brian is lounging in the couch, reading a thick book. He hasn't noticed I'm here yet, so I take the moment to look at the guitarist- really look at him. The dim light from the lamp on the end table lights up his face and soft brown curls. The man's half poodle, he's got to be. I always loved his hair, the way it would be poofy when he woke up. His eyes are a nice hazel color, but to me they look like the finest milk chocolate with a bit of mint sauce on top. Brian has the fairest skin, and soft pink lips- no. I like girls, besides, he's my best mate. We known each other since Smile and before that! I don't even know if he likes me in that way. Which wouldn't really matter since I strictly love girls... I think. I should make my presence known before he thinks I'm a stalker.

"Fancy seeing you here at this hour." Brian looks up from his book and smiled. I adore the way his eyes light up when he smiles, as if he's always ass over teakettle happy to see you. I go over and sit down next to him, and we attempt to make awkward small talk. I look down at my lap and hands when he asks me if something's wrong. I don't know if he can tell or not, but I do think I fancy him. Which is quite ironic, I've always been the womanizer of the group. The ladies' man, if you will. That's why I can't be able to sleep, because he's always on my damn mind. I stand up, my legs slightly stiff. "I'm a tad thirsty, want me to fetch you a beer?" Brian chuckles and looks away. "Roger, it's one in the morning. I don't think we should be having a beer." Party pooper. Now he stands up. "Why don't we head back to the house, maybe we can try to sleep there." The guitarist looks at me and I look back at his eyes. God, they're amazing.