Broken Family

(Includes Aki)
Tord's pov
"You what?!" I yelled. "Look I'm sorry! I forgot!" Tom yelled back. "OH SO YOU DID FORGET! HOW COULD YOU FORGET AKI'S PERFORMANCE AGAIN! YOU PROMISED HER YOU'D BE THERE! SHE'S A HUMAN YOU KNOW!" I continued angrily. I couldn't believe him. Forgetting his own daughters dance performance again and going to a bar! I'm so undeniably pissed. "I promise it won't happen again" "THAT'S WHAT YOU SAID LAST TIME" I shook my head in disgust and hissed. "Do you even love her?!" Tom glared at me. "Of course!" "Then show it godammit!" Tom continued yelling back.

Aki's pov
Mommy and Daddy were fighting again. They've been doing it forever a while and it hurts. It hurts a lot. Why can't we be the happy family we were. Today I drew all of used smiling and holding hands. I wanted to show it to them but I can't now. I cried silently in my room. I've always wondered. Does Daddy love me? He always misses my Dances even when he promises he'll be there. I looked at the knife on my table. Ever since they fought I've....... Hurt myself on purpose. Kids at my school have been talking about me and bullying me because of my family. I sighed. I grabbed the knife and held it against my arm.
(WARNING sensitive stuff here please skip if you are uncomfortable with this)
One cut. Two cuts. Three cuts. Four cuts. Five cuts. Six cuts. I looked at the blood gushing out of them. I felt light headed but shoot it off. I tip toed to the bathroom and washed the cuts. I hissed at pain but grabbed the bandages and wrapped them around myself cuts. I covered it with my sleeve. I looked at my parents in the living room and sighed. I went to my room and plopped on my bed. I felt sad and what people call 'depressed'. I wish my life gets better soon.

3rd person pov
Tom eventually left the house to drink again. Tord sat at the dining table crying. Tom hurt both Aki and him too much. Tord sniffled and decided to check on Aki. He tried to look okay and went to the child's room. Without knocking he opened the room and saw the last thing he'd ever want to see her doing. Aki looked at her Mommy in shock. She was once again cutting more. "Aki... Why are you doing that?" Tord asked tearing. Aki looked down and dropped the knife on the floor. "I'm sorry Mommy.... It makes me feel less... Worthless" she mumbled. Tord sat down next to Aki and hugged her. "Aki. We'll get through this together. I promise" He said smiling reassuringly. Aki cried in her Mommy's chest letting it all out.

Tord's pov
I held her tight in my arms. I felt so guilty. Fighting with Tom made Aki depressed. And I haven't even noticed! I'm such a terrible mother. I sighed. I heard soft snores coming from my precious little girl. I grabbed bandaged from under her bed. I wrapped it around her arm. I lied Aki down on her bed carefully. I walked out of her room closing the door leaving it slightly open. 'Hopefully she'll stop soon' I thought walking back to the table. I might have to divorce with Tom just to keep her safe. And myself too....