Introduction: Cheval Blanc Stained Rose

It was funny to the two of them, to most of them, how foolish prey could be. It was comical how they could hear of everything going on around and genuinely grin like nothing is wrong, laugh like everything is in their favor, and think that it doesn't affect them in the slightest. It was a common thought among them; they are above their prey [they're right]. They are stronger, vicious, and they aren't going anywhere. It's thrilling [to them].

It was terrifying as well. The way they managed to deceive themselves. Like little rabbits, utterly clueless to the sly and starved foxes lurking closer than believed. Like male black widows, getting close to the much more dangerous female, believing he will mate and leave, only to be consumed without a second thought from his captor. The way they don't blink as the person who worked in the desk beside them suddenly just doesn't.

It was disgusting how little they cared. Like stupid deer, they watch their own family gets shot down and just watch as they bleed. They run like dogs, nonexistent tails lodged tightly between their legs as the ones they claim to love die behind them, leaving the earth with the sight of their loved ones' backs and no one to utter their last words to— hence why they always pass silently. 

The way prey acted was vulgar, but the prey in its self was so good that it was worth it. It made it worth hiding. It made it worth staying as humble as they are when they are capable of ruining all the peace and living like kings and queens. It made it worth fighting their own— their own kind who were having the same struggle as they were. It was utter and total hell altogether, but the way all the burgundy and crimson fit together in this stomach-turning, cream of the crop masterpiece made it all worth it.

Or perhaps, just slightly perhaps, what made it worth it was the promise of another. Another day, another night, another sunset or sunrise. The promise of another encounter, another step, in some cases another love. But not all of this love, this love that was worth all of this hell was romantic. The promise of loved ones, a loved one, made everything these predators went through so completely worth it.

These are the things that crossed through the minds of almost every predator in this animal kingdom. This is what went through the mind of every ghoul in every city all around the world. The SS ranked duo, 'Kira Koneko' are no exception. 

"Are you excited about our first day tomorrow?" (Y/n) asked his cousin, who was basically like his brother.

"I don't know about excited, but sure," Shouto sighed.

"What's up with the mood?" (Y/n) looked over at Shouto from where they were sat on the (h/c) teen's bed.

"It was easier to get away with stuff at our little junior high, there were only a few hundred kids and we got off with saying we had severe food allergies," Shouto recalled, "now we're going to school with literally thousands of people."

"Oh," (Y/n) realized what his cousin was referring to, "I get it, but I don't think we'll get caught by any humans. As for others like us, they're in the same boat we are. They won't attack in the open or someone'll call the doves."

"Good point, but you still see why we need to be more careful, right?" Shouto looked over at (Y/n).

"Of course," (Y/n) uttered, "more people means we're more likely to get found out, and there will almost definitely be others at the academy. We've been extremely to not have encountered any at previous schools yet."

"..." Shouto stayed silent for a moment, unsure how to respond before deciding to change the subject, "you remember what was on the news last night?"