Chapter Thirteen: It's Over (pt.3)

Itona thought over what Uraraka said before she jumped. A little more information would have been useful. He looked over her body, catching the faint rise and fall of her back. Uraraka had survived the fall, meaning she'd heal. Itona scoffed at the soft whimpers escaping her.

"So," he said coldly. "are you going to tell me any more?"

"I don't know anymore...just–" Uraraka lied, choking and coughing– "just put me out of my misery..."

He sighed deeply. He knew that certain ghouls like to have their heads up their asses, but you should do your research if you're going to be inhabiting a new area. A ghoul without a death wish would have at least been able to find something on the strange anomaly ghoul by Rakuyama. 

No one would ever die by Itona's hands. He consumed suicide victims to keep blood off his hands and mind—he wouldn't go against his morals for a pathetic low-life. Uraraka's soft cries continued.

"No." Itona stood, dropping the arm he was eating on the ground. He began to walk away.

"Nagisa was injured!" Uraraka called desperately after him, barely able to roll over to face him. Itona stopped in his tracks, waiting for her to continue. "They'd started to eat him...and he managed to get away long enough to find...he...he wanted me..." She looked faint.

Back still turned to her, Itona scowled. He hadn't actually known Karma and Nagisa that long. Sure, they'd been in the same class for a while in junior high, but they weren't close. However, the two of them were predictable enough. Anyone with a brain could see that they were each other's first line of defense. That was why they stuck together even though they were both extremely dangerous by their own accounts. 

"He wanted you to tell Karma," Itona stated. "you decided to jump off a ledge instead. I might not have heard you, and we wouldn't know where to look. You could have the information to Karma yourself—he's got others around the area searching for Nagisa still."

Uraraka could think of nothing to say back. Itona was so cold...cold, and absolutely correct. She'd passed a blonde ghoul who'd asked her if she'd seen him. That ghoul was likely still around, and yet, Uraraka put herself first. Monoma ended up getting himself killed to give her something, and now she was throwing her life away when someone else's might just depend on it. There's also the fact that Shiota's life is far more important than mine.

"Pathetic. Finish that." He gestured to the limb he'd left by her. "Heal up and meet me here tomorrow morning. Karma can decide what to do with you...and don't try running."

Itona continued to walk away, leaving her there. Using his kagune, he scaled the cliffside Uraraka lept off. He was face to face with the ghouls Two-Face and the General. They all stood there quietly for a moment—it had been a while since they'd all stood in the same place. Itona had done a bad job of keeping in touch with the ghouls from his class.

"Nakamura, Mr. Karasuma," Itona acknowledged. He paused and scented the air. There were several places where blood and soaked into the dirt, and Itona had a feeling he knew whose it was. "It's Nagisa's. He was here."

"How long ago is the question..." Rio muttered, not greeting him back.

"He was just here," Itona stated. "Bunny just told me before flinging herself off the ledge. She let them catch him again, and it sounded like he was in bad shape."

Mr. Karasuma gave him a curious look. "She killed herself over this? I didn't know they knew each other."

"We got involved with her and Grin recently, and she's not dead. Barely survived, and I gave her some extra food so that Karma could deal with her tomorrow."