Chapter Ten: Monoma's Motive

"Kirishima, guess what?" Kaminari asked, grinning. 

The blond had been snooping around for weeks now, making sure to catch every possible detail on anything that could benefit him. He'd caught on to quite a bit, but he wasn't sure exactly how much to trust the stuff he got from Monoma Neito. Aside from him, though, the few things he'd managed to overhear from the new guy and Itona were pure gold.

"The other's from Itona's class forgave you?" Bakugou gave them a strange look, standing from his seat to join them. Kaminari mentally cursed the redhead.

"Who the hell is Itona?" Bakugou asked, scowling. "and forgive you for what?"

"Nothing," Kaminari said a little too quickly. "I crossed the line a little with this guy outside of school and his friends all came and gave me shit the next morning."

"And you let them," Bakugou sounded unimpressed. "why'd you tell Shittyhair and not the rest of us?"

"Actually, they ran into me first." Kirishima smiled sheepishly. "I basically played messenger boy..."

"Tell me who threatened you," Bakugou said. He got this grin on his face that made them feel weird. "those preppy assholes won't know what hit them."

"Hey guys," Isogai greeted, smiling softly. He turned to Bakugou. "are you okay? You seem... upset?"

Isogai tried his best to sound genuinely concerned. In actuality, he wanted to hear whatever Kaminari had found out. He probably already knew, but it was still worth hearing in case he didn't. He wasn't in either of the two classes the majority of his friends were in, so he figured that he missed a lot of the little things thanks to being absent.

He also didn't want anyone else to be killed, which might happen if Bakugou were to go and piss off any number of the ghouls in the top two classes. If he could prevent that from possibly happening to a classmate again, he'd gladly step in.

"None of your business." Bakugou sneered.

At the end of Isogai's second day at Rakuyama, he confronted Kaminari. He'd heard what had gone on and wanted to remind him that the threat was still valid on everyone's behalf. Kaminari had easily gotten the message. Just another ghoul on my back...

"He's just hearing about, y' know, the thing with me and Itona just before you transferred. He wants to bring it back up with everyone who got involved." Kaminari looked more worried than he sounded, causing Isogai to sigh.   

"He knew and I didn't?! Who are your friends?" Bakugou grumbled.

"Calm down," Isogai said softly. "Itona, Nagisa, and Karma told me about it."

"Nagisa and Karma?"

"Shiota and Akabane..?" Isogai said quietly. "guess they're going by their last names now. Anyway, Bakugou, don't do that. I heard that you called them preppy, but, Karma's basically a thug and Nagisa... well... that's a can of worms I don't wanna open."

"Yeah man," Kaminari agreed. "I heard from a former Kunigigaoka student in Class-E that Akabane used to go looking for people just to smash their faces in."

"Maybe just lay off this one," Kirishima offered.

Bakugou reluctantly accepted and went back to his seat with Kirishima. Kaminari went to follow them, but Isogai held him back. His light brown eyes seemed to go dark.

"What exactly were you going to tell Kirishima?" Isogai asked.

"Oh, just some stuff I heard from Uraraka and Monoma-"