Episode 16

...And Then There Were None

Eve: You do know that Jesus was just a man.

Rick: Sure, but he was also the son of God, sent here because he loves us.

Eve: God doesn't care about you.

Rick: Sure he does.

Eve: Your father made you and then abandoned you, so you pray. You see signs where there's nothing. But truth is, your Apocalypse came and went, and you didn't even notice. A mother would never abandon her children like he did. You'll see.

Bobby: I've never seen that in my life. All those vamps and ghouls out on 1-80... maybe they're coming for Mother's Day.

Dean: Um... okay, well, if that is big mama- whatever she is, we got zero on ganking her. So what are we gonna do if we run into her? Throw salt and hope?

Bobby: No, we're gonna turn tail and run, because we're in over our heads.

Bobby: So... you're Samuel.

Samuel: You must be the guy pretending to be their father.

Bobby: Well, somebody ought to.

Dean: I'm not in the mood. I just had a 12-inch... herpe crawl out of my ear.

Sam: What?

Dean: You heard me. I just woke up on the ground, just in time to see this- this... worm thing sliding out of my freaking ear and into that vent. So you tell me what the hell's going on!

Dean: What do you mean, check my ear? Check my ear for what? Hey! What? Why don't you buy me a drink first?

Rufus: Second date. Oh, yeah, we're goo positive.

Dean: What does that mean? What does that mean?

Bobby: Well, we sit on our thumbs, or we go in guns blazing.

Rufus: Like Omaha?

Bobby: You know what? Screw you for bringing up Omaha. That's just low.

Sam: I don't know. I mean, I barely remember him, and what I do remember- it's not good. And what he did to us... But...

Dean: There's a 'but'?

Sam: I mean, I just can't help but think... what would Mom say?

Dean: You know what I think Mom would say? She'd say just 'cause you're blood doesn't make you family. You got to earn that.

Bobby: Yeah, shut up a minute. I'm trying to say something. It was my fault- Omaha.

Rufus: No. No, it wasn't.

Bobby: No, I should- I should have listened to you.

Rufus: Well, hey, that's categorical, Bobby.

Bobby: I- let me just get this out.

Rufus: Bobby, we've had this conversation already, okay?

Bobby: No, we haven't. I never said I'm sorry, Rufus. I- you lost her because of me, and I-

Rufus: Bobby, I said we've had this conversation already. And you could blabber all day... and it wouldn't change a thing, Bobby. I will never forgive you for what happened. You got that? Never. So change the subject, Bob.

Bobby: Well, he didn't exactly keep kosher. He always used to pull the old 'can't work on the Sabbath' card whenever we had to bury a body. You know, I-I was just a job. I was Joe mechanic. Then my wife got possessed... went nuts on me. I stabbed her, and that didn't stop her. Next thing I knew, this guy comes busting in, soaks her with holy water, and sends that demon straight to Hell so fast. I'd have gone away for killing her. But... Rufus cleaned up everything. Taught me a thing or two about... what's really out there. Pretty soon, we were riding together. Worked like that for years, kind of like you two knuckleheads.

Bobby: It was Omaha. It was my fault. And he never let it go.

Dean: Well, he should have.

Bobby: You don't know what I did, Dean.

Dean: Doesn't matter.

Bobby: What do you mean, it doesn't-

Dean: I mean at the end of the day, you two are family. Life's short, and ours are shorter than most. We're gonna spend it wringing our hands? Something's gonna get us eventually, and when my guts get ripped out, just so you two know, we're good. Blanket apology for all the crap that anybody's done all the way around.