Chapter 10

Celeste, Trinity and Hye-Jin stared at the door wide eyed in shook. Celeste with a slice of pizza in her mouth, Trinity stuffing chicken nuggets in her mouth and Hye-Jin sipping on her glass of wine. Lorenzo stood at the door with his arms crossed, both angry and relieved. Angry because she disobeyed him, but relieved because she's safe.

"Celeste," he said in a stern tone. Trinity and Hye-Jin slowly turned their heads to Celeste then back at him. Celeste chewed the bite of pizza and swallowed before she nodded.

"Come here," he said as he put his gun in the band of his pants. She hesitantly stood up from the couch and walked towards him. She was terrified of what he might do, but she didn't want to risk angering him more. Although, what he did next surprised everyone in the room, even him. He grabbed Celeste by her arm and wrapped his arms around her pulling her close to him. Celeste looked around confused, but she didn't resist. Instead, she tightly wrapped her arms around him as well. Once pulled back from her, he lifted up her chin with his index finger.

"Next time I say don't leave the house. Don't.  Leave. The. House," he said. 

"I'm sorry," she said. 

"Let's go," he said as he rubbed her arm and proceeded to leave the house, but she stopped him. "What?" He asked confused. 

"I don't like being in that house alone all the time. Plus, these are my new friends," she said hoping he understood what she was implying.  Which he did. He walked over to Trinity and Hye-Jin. 

"Who are you?" He asked as he stood above them. 

"I'm Trinity and that's Hye-Jin," she answered.     Celeste walked over to them, standing next to Lorenzo as she made her best attempt to eye him down. 

"What do you want?" He asked her. 

"A phone. I want to be able to contact them. I want the chance to have friends," she said. He stared at her, silent as he contemplated her request, but he gave in understanding the need to her need to have women around her.

"Fine, fine , fine," he said pulling out a phone from his back pocket. "Give me you're phone numbers. Trinity was about to argue against him when Hye-Jin smacked her arm and shook her head, advising her not to.

"810-636-9163," Trinity responded as he put it into his phone. 

"810-614-1107," Hye-Jin said. He finished putting her phone number in his phone before he placed it back into his back pocket. 

"She'll call you," he said before he grabbed her arm and pulled her out of the apartment as she waved her new friends goodbye. They walked through the apartment building and down the stairs. Once they exited the building, They walked up to Lorenzo's motorcycle that he parked in front of the building. He grabbed a helmet from the seat and handed it to Celeste who put in on her head. He sat on the motorcycle and put his helmet on. Celeste walked over and got in behind him. Once she found a comfortable position, she wrapped her arms round his waist and laid her head on his back. He started up the cycle and drove the two all the way back to the mansion. When they arrived, Celeste had fallen asleep the whole ride home. He took off both of their helmets and slowly got off the bike while holding her steady as he tried to make sure she doesn't fall. He lifted her up off the bike and carried her bridal style through the house and brought her up into her room. He laid her down in her bed and took off her shoes and jacket before covering her with the blanket. As soon as Lorenzo walked down the staircase, the doorbell rang. He slowly walked down the rest of the staircase. When he opened the door, he was immediately pulled into a hug. Lorenzo rolled his eyes and patted his brother on the back.

"Hello Luca," he said. Luca released Lorenzo and walked into the house with a duffle bag in his hand. He walked into the living room and threw his bag on the ground before sitting on the couch. "What are you doing here?"

"I can't just want to see my older brother?" He asked.

"No," Lorenzo said with his arms crossed. Luca brought his hands together as he turned to his brother prepared to tell him the truth.

"That hurts, fratello

"That hurts, fratello. Look, I'm in some really deep shit and I need a place to lay low," he said seriously.

"Go to Giovanni then. I don't have time to babysit you," Lorenzo said.

"I tried, but he won't help me. Come on Lorenzo. I promise I won't make any noise or anything like that. It'll be like I was never here," he said. Lorenzo sat on the couch armrest while he thought on whether or not to agree. Luca took this opportunity to constantly pester his brother until he agreed.

"Please. Pleassseeee," Luca whined until Lorenzo gave in.

"Fine Luca, fine. You can stay, but I don't want to hear anything from you while your here," he said.

"Thanks Enzo. You know you're not the heartless bastard people put you out to be," Luca said before he patted Lorenzo on the shoulder and walked up to the room he usually sleeps in. Lorenzo ran his hand down his face and shook his head with a smile before he walked up to his own room and got ready for bed. On his way there, he stopped by Celeste's room and cracked the door open a bit to make sure she was still there. Once the door was wide enough for him to see her sound asleep, he slowly closed the door. He took his shower and got changed into his pajamas, but when he laid in bed to try and sleep, but he couldn't. He had always struggled with falling asleep because he felt he always needed to be one step ahead of any potential threat, some that affected his ability to sleep. He decided to not waste his time trying to fall asleep, so instead he left to his office and decided to spend the rest of his night there.