Chapter 43

While gunshots rang off throughout the whole house, Celeste was focusing on going the vent system. She crawled and crawled while trying not to let the gunshots distract her. She just kept the thought of Lorenzo in her mind and it helped her push through. Once she reached the end of her travels, she opened the vent cover that led to the outside. Unfortunately for her, it was too high for her to jump out. She turned back around and tried to find a room that she could go into. Luckily, soon she was above one of Costa's bathrooms. She slowly pushed the vent cover and opened it. She slowly climbed out and hung there while she waited for a loud gunshot to go off which allowed her to jump out without causing notice. She made her way to the bathroom door and peaked out. Once she saw that the cost was clear, she left and walked down the hallway. She ran through the hallway and into the closest stairwell she could find. She heard voices coming closer to her, so she ran into the stairwell as fast as she could before getting caught. She quickly closed the door and took a deep breath and she rested her back against the door.

"That was close," she said in relief. She walked down the stairs until she reached the very bottom. She opened the only door which lead to backyard of the mansion. She looked both was to check if the coast was clear before she sprinted towards the woods. Step by step she ran through the forest, jumping over rocks and ducking under branches. When she made it to the main road, she yelled in fear and covered her head when a car appeared which almost hit her. The car swerved around her and turned around until it was right next to her.

"Celeste!!" She heard. She lifted her head and smiled when she saw Hye-Jin in the passenger seat and Trinity in the drivers seat.

"Get in!!" Trinity yelled. Celeste ran into the back seat of the car and closed the door.

Trinity stomped on the gas pedal and turned around before she drove towards Costa's Mansion

"Are you okay, Celeste? Did he hurt you? I swear I'll beat his ass," Hye-Jin said.

"I'm fine, he never got the chance. He did talk about wanting me to have his kids," Celeste said.

"Gross," Hye-Jin said.

"Disgusting," Trinity added.

"Tell me about it. I almost threw up when he told me that. He thinks I'd make beautiful kids," Celeste said. 

"I mean you are very beautiful," Trinity said. 

"Really," Hye-Jin said as she smacked Trinity on the arm.

"Ow. Careful, I'm driving," Trinity said.

"Not funny," Hye-Jin scolded.

"Sorry, I was just trying to brighten up the mood," Trinity said.

"She was just kidnaped," Hye-Jin said.

"Well all the more reason to lighten the mood," Trinity said. The two began to argue back and forth with each other on the matter until Celeste intervened.

"Yo, guys, enough! Now really isn't the time to be arguing like this. Especially since Trinity's out here driving like fucking Dominic Toretto," Celeste said. Right after she said that, Trinity put the car in reverse before doing a quick three way turn and going faster. When she turned Celeste and Hye-Jim both held onto the hand grip and they leaned to the side with the car.

"Where are we going? Shouldn't we be going in the other direction?" Celeste asked.

"We need to go let Lorenzo know you're alive and safe," Trinity told her.

"He's at Raphael's house!?!?" Celeste asked.

"Yeah, he went to go save you," Trinity said. 

"And I can take a good guess that he probably thinks you're still there," Hye-Jin said.

"Then we need to get there as fast as we can before something bad happens.  Trinity, please hurry,"Celeste said in a panick.

"Celeste," Trinity said as she glanced at her through the rear view mirror.

"I'm going as fast as I can, but you need to calm down.  You freaking is not gonna make this car go any faster than it already is.   So sit back, out your seatbelt on and let me drive," Trinity said.  Celeste nodded and put her seat belt on before she leaned back.  She closed her eyes and pictured Lorenzo. She pictured him smiling with her in his arms as they slow danced together through the night.  She smile when she pictured three young children running towards them.  While she fantasize about this imagery, she slowly placed her hand on her belly and felt it as she moved her hand in a circular motion. 

After what felt like forever to Celeste, they finally arrived at the house. 

"We're here.  Let's go," Trinity said after she turned off the ignition.  They all exited the car and walk closer to the mansion.  Although, the closer they got the more their hearts began to race, especially Celeste.  When she got a full view of the mansion, her heart dropped and she felt like she was about to be sick.  Everyone was running out of the house while it was being engulfed in flames.  Bianca, Axel, Roxy and Leina came running along with the others from behind the house.  Celeste runs over to Lola who is coughing due to the smoke she inhaled while being held up by Nicoletta. 

"What happened?  Lola, what happened?!?" Celeste asked distraught. 

"I-i don't know.  We were fighting them and then all of a sudden shit caught on fire," Lola said.

"What about everyone else?" Trinity asked. 

"Last time we checked they went upstairs to get  Raphael," Nicoletta said. 

"What about the others?  Did they make it out?" Hye-Jin asked. 

"Oh no.  God, no please," Celeste said as she moved towards the house.  However, before she got close enough and explosion erupted from the basement. 

"Lorenzo!!!!!" Celeste yelled.  She tried to run to the mansion, but she was caught and held back by Trinity and Hye-Jin. 

Celeste starts to break down in tears and covers her face while she drops down onto her knees