Chapter 11: Noctowl's Drama

In the darkest of nights, rays of hope emit ever so dimly.

Rising from the massage beds, the three teammates stretched their bodies in varying degrees of satisfaction and refreshment. Along with Mienshao and Lopunny, Espeon, Mawile, and Pikachu exit the Vida Nova to find the sun setting in the glowing violet sky. All three make encouraging remarks on the grooming session they received.

"Now that was a sublime experience, am I right, kids?"

"Oh, hell yeah. Even Pikachu started to like the treatment!"

"I guess it helped ease our bodies after that battle. But that's all I'm gonna say about it."

Studying Pikachu's serious posture, Lopunny teases his thoughts in order to break his inner ice.

"'You sure about that, sweetie? I totally bet you had sensual feelings piling inside your head when Mienshao massaged your body."

"Not even close."

"Why not? You're a boy, aren't ya? It's normal for boys your age to hide their pleasure from females who delicately touch their bodies."

"I offer my apologies if I triggered those lewd reactions, Pikachu. I never intend Pokémon to react in such strange ways. Lopunny exaggerates my abilities sometimes, so pay no heed to that side of her."

"Forget about all that, Mienshao. The last thing I'd do is blurt out random shit like some hungry pimp on the street in the middle of the night. Besides, I'm not some horny old hag who pretends to be some queen from the middle of nowhere."

"Oi, how DARE you call me a hag!"

Espeon's flaring reaction is countered by the laughter Pikachu activated from the other three Pokémon, learning the hilarious side effects of the mouse's sharp commentary and snappy body language. In response to his dark humor, the queen raises her head pridefully to remind him about key biographical information about herself.

"I'll have you know that even at my age I'm still in my prime. You happily did a girl back home under some bedsheets, hm?"

Completely unexpecting her question, a deep sea of red coats Pikachu's face as he registers the coded meaning inside the inquiry.

"I thought so. You have a loooong way to go before you embrace a girl's body in the name of making love. Ha!"

More bursts of laughter are released into the glowing sunset, illustrating the enjoyment of watching two polar opposite ideologies clashing in a comical joust. Such uproar caught the attention of Noctowl, who was patrolling Açaí Town from above. His shaking head is followed by a grinning beak, recognizing the enhancement of the new bonds forged from below.

"Good grief. I expected as much from Her Highness when it comes to building meaningful friendships. She never changes, after all these years. I hope those young ones don't hold that against her."

Continuing on with his patrol, Noctowl detects a purple vortex developing outside the western entrance of town. As he flies his way towards the gate to investigate, more vortexes form at an alarming pace. Realizing the impending threat of the purple figures invading Açaí Town, he quickly makes his way towards the Vida Nova's roof to pass on the warning.

"Everyone! I regret to inform of an emergency situation developing on the western entrance."