Prologue

Learn from the past. Live through your present. Build the future.

It has been five decades since the Wigglytuff Guild saw its first heroes, helping Dialga return to his senses and banishing Darkrai to the spatial void. The citizens of Neo Treasure Town lived in an era of peace, with the Explorers completing their usual missions. Yet, on a gloomy Thursday night, a battle suddenly broke out in a forest a few miles away from the town. Concerned about this battle reaching the town, Jigglypuff, the current Guild Master and daughter of the deceased Wigglytuff, decides to take action. She faces her fellow citizens and delivers an imperative speech.

"Everyone, I got a feeling that there's gonna be trouble coming toward us. If we don't leave from here, there's bound to be fatal consequences. Take all equipment that you need to survive and carry at least one item you all hold dear. You must trust me and the authorities on this. Now is not the time to put blame on anyone for anything; we need to work as a united town to not just escape the inevitable disaster, but to rebuild from the ground up when this is all over. I know most of you will call me out for staying behind. As the Guild Master, though, I have to fulfill my task of protecting the town. I have to stay with the authorities to repel the incoming invasion. Don't worry about us! Just go! Now!"

Upon hearing these words, all of the citizens of Neo Treasure Town performed their preparations for evacuation. Each Pokémon packed as many necessities as possible, such as water, Berries, Plain Seeds, Max Elixirs, and anything else they could find. Ten minutes later, adults and children alike begin to leave their beloved town, unsure if they will be able to return home again. Jigglypuff notices an infant Popplio, whose cries signal fear for his life and of his family. She calmly approaches the infant, carefully picking him up to comfort away those fears.

"There, there, kiddo. I know you're scared, but things are gonna be okay. Yeah?"

Jigglypuff continues to comfort the infant until his parents appear, finished with the necessary packing for evacuation.

"I really appreciate your gesture, Guild Master. Our boy rarely calms down if he senses a dangerous situation. You have our thanks."

"It's nothing, sir. Your safety, as well as the others, is my highest priority. No matter the species or upbringing, we're allies. Isn't that right, ma'am?"

"Oh, yes. We've been through tough times before, but you're the first 'power' person we've met who's genuinely concerned for the people. Lately, there've been some Pokémon placing political or business interests first, which dooms the rest of the population..."

"I hear you."

From the corner of her left eye, Jigglypuff finds Pokémon approaching Neo Treasure Town at an alarming rate. She quickly directs the family towards the evacuation route.

"They're here. You all have to get out of this place!"

"We will!"

Jigglypuff watches the townspeople swiftly evacuate Neo Treasure Town and then turns her focus on the invading force she saw earlier. The color of these invades, however, made her slightly confused.

"What's with that dark purple hue on those guys? It's as though they aren't from here at all. Their eyes have a menacing yellow glare on them. I need to push them out without doing anything stupid."