Chapter 14: The First Revelation

The truth never takes a side, making it the most disciplined.

"Is it just me or was this cave always this cold?"

"Not at all. The Cave of Mystic's temperature is always near or at room level, so something must have triggered this breeze..."

"It can't be that bitch again..."

"Huh? Who are you referring to, Sora?"

"Pikachu's talking about a weird Glaceon we met a few days ago. When we were on our way towards Açaí Town, she acted rather oddly around us, especially him."

"Don't remind me of her anymore. It's gross."

"But I wanna know why that's the case, Sora. What did this Glaceon do to you?"

"I'll give you a scoop for him: let's just say she performed a rather deep body inspection."

"Oh, my..."

Gardevoir's goosebumps populate over her arms and shoulders upon learning about the group's encounter with Glaceon earlier in their journey. The nerves are more evident with the chilling breeze flowing through the alternate pathway the four teammates opened, a strange occurrence as they had already hiked deep into the cave. It did not take too long for Mawile and her friends to find the enigmatic answer.

"I guess there's more tough breaks; I see that Glaceon up ahead."

"Damn it..."

"You know, you're right about her being weird. It looks as though her eyes turned scarlet towards Sora..."

"Quite an erotic trait, eh?"

"Cut it, you hag."

Entering a smaller open space north of the panel puzzle room, the group once again crosses paths with Glaceon, who eagerly welcomed their unannounced presence with a velvet-like smile piercing through their minds.

"It seems we bumped into each other yet again. I see that you have a new friend with you."

"And?"

"Nothing else. It's heartwarming to see all four of you loving each other as dear friends. I'm rather jealous of you, you know?"

The unsettling breeze flowing through the narrow space slowly increases in intensity, causing the group to stand in their battle stances. Despite their anticipation for a difficult fight, the breeze suddenly subsides into inexistence, forcing them to observe their surroundings in confusion. Unsure if this was a ploy to divide them, Mawile demands Glaceon for a clear response.

"Okay, lady, before this gets all out of hand, you better tell us what the hell is going on here. That weird breeze that flowed in here was not normal; you somehow triggered it while we were inside, did you?"

"Oh, no, not at all. It was already cold as soon I as got in here. I just randomly ended up here from some random place, so I don't think I would make any difference."

"Hmm... not convincing enough. You're hiding something from us, and it looks like you don't wanna spill it."

Having enough of hearing out Glaceon, Pikachu charges an Iron Tail attack with the intention to force the mystifying Pokémon to utter a truthful reply. Glancing at the mouse's stance, Glaceon takes a deep breath and turns around, walking towards the opening she entered from.