12

Amy couldn't be any happier than she was right now.

She had the perfect boyfriend. He would buy her stuff but that wasn't what she loved him for. Little did she know he was trying to win her heart over for almost a year and she never even knew it. Now that they've become one, their life has been amazing. The fact that they lived near each other was amazing! Well, Sonic lived in the city while Amy lived just outside of it. It was about a 25 minute walk for her to reach the edge of the city. She lived where the big, fancy houses were out in the country but she had no problem with walking to town if no one could drive her.

She lived about 3 kilometres away from where he lived and was within walking distance. But her school was only a 10 minute walk down the road from where he lived so it was very convenient and gave her something to do after school. It was a straight sidewalk so she could see just how close she was to his house she was from where she was walking.

Almost everyday after school, he would text her and ask her to come over. And of course, she loved seeing him so she always was excited to come over. It was about a week into their relationship when she snuck out of her house for the first time to meet up with him. It was around 3 am and it was really creepy out. Her walk consisted of leaving where she lived and walking down a road that had no streetlights along it, but her eyes would adjust to the darkness until she would approach the bridge that had streetlights following up to it. But while she was walking along that lonely, dark road leading to the bridge, there were multiple abandoned houses, including a farm and a greenhouse that she was convinced they were growing marijuana in it. If it was one of her friends that wanted to meet up with her just to talk she would still walk that road but less likely of a chance she would do it as often as she would do it for Sonic.

The plan was that she was going to meet him about halfway at this bridge and they would both walk back to his house and she could sleep over. The bridge passed over the highway and it was perfect for taking sunset photos if you're into that kind of thing. The adrenaline she got from walking over it with cars going over 100 miles an hour just beneath her was exciting. She was also thankful they had some room for her to walk on the bridge, over the last few years they had widened the road because I guess that they figured out people would walk from the country into the city all the time when they didn't have a car.

It was very cold out that night and there was supposed to be a snowstorm. It would be about -30 outside. She wore a thick sweater underneath the poncho that Sonic gave her. It was his favourite and he knew it would be good for situations like these. She wasn't exactly aware of how cold it actually was outside at that time.

Her Moms bedroom was right next to the back door or where she would sneak out, the back door was connected to the laundry room though so when the furnace would turn on it gave her a better chance of her mom not hearing her when she snuck out. She grabbed her sneakers from the front door porch and led herself to the back door and carefully put them on. The door that she had to open was very squeaky, especially when it's cold out during the wintertime. But she mustered up enough courage to open that door and make her getaway. She ran through her backyard and jumped the fence and continued her run to the dark road that led to the bridge.

When Amy got to the bridge (about a 20 minute walk) they saw each other and Sonic ran up to her and held her close. She was shivering so much and she felt like she was going to end up passing out if they didn't have anywhere warm to go within the next 20 minutes. Her fingers were frozen and they hurt, her legs began to get itchy from the cold as well but it was probably just her skinny jeans reacting to the cold. Sonic was obviously pretty warm compared to her because her most likely left his house 2 minutes ago and ran there and waited.