VIII

You finally told your Mom.

She wasn’t particularly supportive of our relationship since the situation was still quite foreign to her, but she tried to be happy for you.

Everything was finally complete for us.

Or was it?

-

I stopped sleeping in my room after a month. Your smell was way more familiar to me than my own. The curves and lines of your body was way more comforting than my own bed.

Now I still have a permanent picture of you glowing brightly under the morning sun. Soft snores were coming out of your lips and you were snuggling my chest. Your chocolate hair was a mess but I love them. I would run my hands through them every morning trying to untangle the mess that the tossing and turning around in your sleep had created.

I can’t get rid of those images, Jen.

Just like I can’t get rid of the images of you and him from my mind.

-

It was hard trying to keep it a secret from our managers, though. They were almost always around, and we were almost always wanted to be close to each other.

Or at least that was the case with me.

You seemed to always have more control than I did, though. I always wondered how you did that.

Was it because I was the one that loved you more than you did me?