XI

Now we’re nearing the worst chapter in our story, love. I hope you’re enjoying the ride so far. Because it’s about to get bumpy.

-

It was the end of July and we succeeded in keeping things a secret from our managers and almost everyone else. Sometimes we couldn’t keep it to ourselves and we slipped when there were audiences of course, but nobody aside from the so called delusional JenLisa shippers thought twice about it.

(I kind of feel bad for them. Nobody believed them. But I think they wouldn’t hate us for trying to protect ourselves, would they?)

We came back harder than ever and within weeks we were already dominating charts all over the world, but our comeback was not the only one that hit me hard.

-

It was late at night and we were both tired after a session of lovemaking (damn y’all nasties). I was holding you in my arms and tracing circles on your skin like I always did.

That night was amazing, Jen. One of the best we’ve ever had. Do you remember?

You gave your everything for that night. You didn’t hold anything back. There usually was always something in your mind, but that night was different.

I was delighted because I thought you had finally made terms with the demons inside your head.

“I love you,” I said.

I should’ve known things were not right when I didn’t hear any reply before I closed my eyes.