lockdown

*science*
I walked in and saw Asher. I waved to him and he waved back shyly.
“Asher I'm sorry about earlier. Kenzie can be”
“Really controlling.” He cut me off.
“Exactly.”
“Why are you friends with her?”
“Well...if I leave her then...she'll do bad things to me. I told her that I didn't want to be her friend. Then, she blackmailed me.” I explained. “And I know jayden, bella, and addison would take her side because they're too scared to take mine.”
“That's depressing.” He said with a look on his face that said “I'm worried about you”.
“Yea. I sometimes wish I never met her. I always wanted to be popular. But I wish I was just invisible.”
“Well if you keep talking to me you will be invisible.” He joked.
“Well I like talking to you.” I slipped.
“What?”
“I said I like talking to you.”
He thought for a second and smiled. “Me too.”
The bell rang and everyone sat down quietly.
The teacher talked about safety and stuff. Then we started working on our projects.
“We need paint. Want to come with me?” Asher asked.
“Yea.” I replied. We left to go to the art room which was across campus.
About five minutes of walking the loud speakers came on and said “this is a lockdown. This is a lockdown. This is a lockdown.”
Asher and I looked at each other panicked. It wasn't the fact that there was a lockdown it was that we weren't in a classroom.
Asher pulled me into a staircase and locked the door and shut off the lights.
“Why does this have to happen now?” I asked pacing the landing.
“Sit down.” Asher demanded.
I sat down right next to Asher.
About five minutes passed and I started breathing heavily.
“Annie.” Asher looked at me worried.
“I'm scared.”
“Just close your eyes.” He suggested. I closed my eyes and laid my head on Ashers shoulder. He grabbed my hand and started rubbing his thumb against the back of my hand.
What felt like 5 hours which was probably 5 minutes passed and we heard a scream. It sounded like someone was getting killed. Asher jumped up and looked out the window.
He sighed.
“What” I asked.
“I didn't see anything.”
He sat back down. He didn't hold my hand he just sat there, scared.
“Asher. Are you scared?” I asked.
He nodded.
“I have you to make me feel better though.”
“Asher.”
“Julianna.”
“I-I. Nevermind.”
“What is it?”
“I know this is a scary moment but-” I was stopped by the touch of Asher’s lips on mine. I pulled away and looked into his green eyes.
“What did you need to say?” He whispered.
“I want you.” I whispered back and kissed him.
We stopped kissing and sat there holding hands waiting for someone to come for us.
About twenty minutes passed and I got a text from Jayden asking where I was.
Ann is it over?
Jay(den) yea were all in the 400 hallway bathroom waiting for you.
Ann Ok be there soon.
“The lockdown is over Asher.”
“It is?”
“Yea come on.” I stood up and put my arm out for Asher. “I'm meeting the girls in the bathroom so I'll see you after school.”
“Yea. Were still going to the mall right?”
“Yup.” I smiled. “Ok also.” I leaned in and kissed him before I left.