Part 5

The rest of the week was a bit of a blur. It was Saturday and after I had begged Stella and Cory to come to Blake's party with me, we had to go shopping.

We were in the changing rooms in search of the perfect outfit. During the week I had become really good friends with Stella, she is quite full on but it's nice, she's different. Cory had been really quiet all week, I was told it was because he and his boyfriend had broken up, but Stella said that they couldn't stay mad at each other for long. Cory wasn't even coming to the party tonight he said he's 'got some stuff' he's 'got to sort out'. So he is just waiting for us.

We had been in this shop for half an hour and neither of us could choose what to wear. I couldn't decide between three, so I bought all of them. However I finally decided to wear a simple black dress with a strap on one side, I didn't want to draw any attention to myself. Stella opted for a strapless red dress that made her blonde hair stand out. By the time we had gone back to the oaks and put on some make up on Stella looked stunning. She had red lipstick on to match her dress, I had some lip-gloss on but as I said I was making an effort not to stand out.

Joel was taking us to Blake's house but was late, good old reliable Joel.

When he finally got here, I nearly strangled him. We had been sat on the front steps of the house for fifteen minutes waiting for him.

The drive to the party was really awkward, I was shotgun and Stella was in the back. She didn't make any effort to hide her distaste for him. Joel had made a few attempts at conversation but they burned out pretty quick. When we finally arrived I practically fell out of the car; I couldn't get out fast enough.

'Ok I can do this' I tell myself as we walk to the house. You could hear the music from the end of the street, so I don't even want to think about how loud it's going to be inside. When we went into the house we were greeted by Blake and a drunken Lucas. I had never met Lucas before, but his drunken form didn't make a very good impression.

"I hope you brought your bitch repellent" Blake whispers in my ear and I turn to see the group of girls ready to pounce on Joel. I giggle; I don't think that Blake is completely sober either.

Blake, Lucas, Stella and I make our way into the main room, we lost Joel somewhere on the way. The room is filled with dancing teenagers and red solo cups. They were all over the alcohol, but I had hoped to stay sober, so I went to find some coke or something. I poured myself some coke into a solo cup so nobody would know that I wasn't drinking but was caught red-handed. "How am I supposed to get you to dance with me if you're not drinking?" I turn around to find Jared.

"I'm not a big fan of drinking or dancing" I admit.

"Well then what're you doing here?"

"There are other things to do"

"Well I didn't realise you were so eager. We could go..."

"Eww no-"

I am cut off by Stella "where did you go? Oh you" she looks at Jared in disgust. "Has he tried hitting on you yet?" I blush and that is enough prof for her. She grabs me by the arm and leads me back over to a dancing Blake.

"Having fun yet Holly?" he grinned as he danced. Badly.

I laughed as he nearly fell over his own feet, "The time of my life." I shouted over the music at Blake. He wrapped his fingers around mine and Stella's hands and pulled us into the mosh of dancing people. I really couldn't dance, so I sort of just stood there swaying like an idiot, while everyone else got lost in the music. It stank of sweaty boys and probably girls as well, not really my idea of fun.

Lucas stumbled over to us and fell into me. He reeked of alcohol and sweat. Blake noticed him standing on my feet and pulled him off me. "Sorry sweet thang." he slurred and winked at me. Eww really?