A new Team 7 is born!

Hinata's P.O.V:

The next day my sister and I were having a breakfast picnic by one of the many gardens in the Hyuga compound. Honestly I did not have the courage to face my father after yesterday's spectacle and I also wanted to bond with Hanabi, it's been a while since we were simply two sisters rather than heiresses fighting for the place as the clan head.

"Hinata-sama, Hanabi-sama, good morning" I didn't get startled by the sudden presence of Neji-niisan, I was getting a hang of the sensor thing, but I was confused. Ever since uncle's death Neji-niisan has never approached me on his own "I was surprised when you both missed breakfast but now that I think about it, it was the right choice" he commented.

"How is father?" I finally asked, after gathering myself.

"He is angry, as expected after yesterday" he raised an eyebrow... impressed? when I did not flinch at his words "Honestly many branch members... even me, are glad that the next clan head won't have her family die for her"

From his tone I knew he was repressing anger... he still believes that I am like everyone else. That I see him and the branch members as servants and not as family. If he continues this path of anger and loneliness his future will be a dark one. I cannot allow that to happen. I love my cousin... even if he hates me...

"Neji-niisan, you know when I meant any Hyuga clan member I also meant those from the branch families" I said, trying to stay as calm as possible, taking courage from Yue's bracelet. I still recall her words from yesterday: "Bad communication lead to misunderstandings." "Neji-niisan I am sorry for uncle's death" both of them gasped at my words and their eyes widened in surprise at my daring choice of words "But you cannot fault me for it any longer" I continued, this time steadier than before. This is for him not for me "I was three when I got kidnapped. Yes, my father should have not allowed uncle to take his place. He should have fought harder for the cloud shinobis to get what they deserved... but he did not. I loved uncle very much and I feel sad for his death, you were not the only one who lost someone that day. However, we cannot continue living in the past Neji-niisan! The future is right there in front of us! We should hold tight on it and write a better ending. Nothing is written in stone, not our katas, not our traditions... not even the distinction between branch and main household. If it were up to me... no, when it is up to me I will change it all. I won't allow what happened to uncle occur again. I will find a way to break the cage bird seal and set you all free" I promised him, panting by the end of my declaration.

By now both of them were looking at me with pure shock at my daring declaration, though Neji-niisan collected himself faster and schooled his expression.

"You know Hinata-sama, when I met you for the first time I could not tore my eyes away from you. You were this shy, delicate but beautiful lily. A flower my father told me I will have to protect for the rest of my life. I was happy for that. Because I could not wait to see into what you would become... then my father died and I succumbed to darkness. I, along with everyone else, were disappointed when you did not turn into what we hoped you to be- that only fueled my anger at you. However, we all forgot one essential thing: flowers to grow should be treated with kindness and care. But even after being treated like a cactus, instead of withering and dying, you managed to bloom into a beautiful desert flower" I could not hide my shock after hearing Neji-niisan's words, especially not after he did the unthinkable: he smiled! "I am glad" with that he turned into his heels and left.

"Congratulations onee-sama!" Hanabi exclaimed, hugging me excitedly.

We both continued our breakfast in peace, we then parted ways: she to her private training and I to meet with Yue. She had invited me to train with her and Sasuke at the Uchiha compound.