Peace Treaties

Itachi's P.O.V:

These past few months have been... for lack of a better word: crazy. Not only almost every member of Akatsuki was killed but Leader instead of looking for new reclutes he had me hunting Orochimaru and his assistant down. He even demanded me to save four of his lab rats, giving me their names and all: Karin Uzumaki, Jugo, Suigetsu Hozuki and Kimimaro Ōtsutsuki.

He even gave me as a reward a Shisui's remaining eye for me to have a surgery. Since when does he know about my sending blindness? Or that I already had the other eye? More importantly, how did he get into Konoha? Or does he have a spy there?

Those alarming thoughts had to wait, as I could not do much for a week after surgery. I had to have it, to keep up my act. I can't allow myself to slip and him finding out about Konoha spying on Ame.

Though, it didn't seem to have worked.

"We will be meeting the Hokage and his guard in a week, at the borders between our lands. Maybe then we can make the exchange and sing the treaty between our villages" Leader-sama said, in his office at Ame.

After years of espionage he had finally revealed his true face to me. Who would have thought that Pain was an Uzumaki?

"What do you mean Leader-sama?" I asked not following "What exchange? And I don't believe that bringing me there will be the best choice"

"Well, of course, the exchange between you and all the legacy my clan left behind in Konoha" he answered "Did you really think I would have not figured out you are a spy? Don't you even try to escape or harm us, while the surgery happened I placed a cursed seal on you. I can kill you whenever I want. I will only take it off when the peace treaty is signed" he warned me.

Of course, he wouldn't have done something out of the kindness of his heart. I scolded myself. I fell for his trap!

"Why now? Weren't you planning Konoha's demise since the start?" I question him, the act was broken anyways.

"I did, but that's only because you guys were blind to what a poison Danzo was" he informed me "That bastard has been planning to overtake the Hokage for decades now. He even helped Hanzo keep tormenting my people for that aim. Now that the Hokage's blindfold is finally off and he had killed that monster, there is no need for us to continue fighting" I was shocked at the revelation but also relieved. Danzo was dead, my brother was finally safe "All I need to do now is inform them that you cover is blown off. In the meantime try to act civilized, won't you? All we want is the same: peace"

With that said he dismissed me. I wanted to fight off, get away. But he had placed that damn seal on me. Not to mention that his objective this time was not a bad one, I sensed no lie on him. I was also tired, I have been gone from home for so long and all I want is to see my brother again. Now that Danzo is dead and my cover was discovered, there is no need to keep on lying to Konoha... to my outouto.

Yue's P.O.V:

I smile to myself at the news Yagura had just shared with me. He had signed a peace treaty with Ame and received notice from Konoha that they will be dropping by in a couple of weeks to discuss a treaty with them too. I was so glad for them, things are going great lately. For all of us, really. Though, we still haven't heard much from B. He has been quiet since we came back in time.

"Yue, ready?" Sasuke's voice made me forget all about my worries for B.

It's been a couple of days since we started dating. And today was our first date. I was so excited! I even dressed up for it. Looking Sasuke up and down I could see he has also done that. Shyly I grabbed his hand with mine and walked closely to him. From the corner of my eye I could see his ears getting red at my action, which made me giggle a little bit.