Chapter Eleven

I looked at Hakeem as we sat in the doctors office. I had some slight spotting so I had went to check it out. Then he said "you feeling ok?"

I said "yes baby.

When my doctor came in she said "hey mama. So here's the thing. You can't work no more. You are officially on bed rest. Give yourself and the baby a break. Imma need you to only be up for at a max 15 minutes at a time. Unless you have to use the bathroom."

I put my head back and felt tears in my eyes brewing. I said "is my baby gonna be ok?"

I know Keem heard how upset I was because he stood up and held me a little. He said "don't stress yourself out mama, everything is going to be ok."

My doctor said "your little Haven will be fine as long as you listen. I know you like doing it all on your own, but dad is going to help out. You cannot be doing too much, so while you in bed rest you can find other things to occupy your time Hazel."

Then Keem wiped my eyes and said "wait a minute I know what you can do."

I said "what?"

He said "plan the wedding and online shop for Haven."

I smiled and said "ok now I feel better. So I guess my maternity leave officially starts today."

When we left he made me go right into bed and grabbed my computer for me. He said "here so you can start."

He came and laid down with me for a little bit. I said "baby you don't want no beach wedding right?"

He looked at me like girl why would I. He said "baby it's up to you but I doubt you want a beach wedding."

I said "hell no I don't. I was just checking with you."

He laughed and said "I figured mama."

I said "you gonna look way too good in ya suit. I'm just thinking bout it. With ya tattoos showing."

He said "you are soooo funny."

I said "I'm being serious."

He said "ok Hazel."

I said "can you gimme kiss?"

He wrapped his arms round me and pecked my lips lightly. He said "you are so gorgeous."

My cheeks lit up bright red and I said "thank you."

He said "I'm bout to pick up Harlem I'll be back mamas."

I said "can you bring me some carrot cake home?"

He said "random as hell but yes mama, I'll be back."

I said "ok love you."

He gave me a kiss and said "love you more."

When they got home Harlem ran upstairs and said "mommy!"

I said "yes baby." He jumped into the bed and kissed my belly then me.

He said "I stayed on green all week!!!"

I said "good job papas. You know what that means right?"

He said "new shoessss!"

I laughed and nodded. Then Hakeem came up with my cake. I smiled and got up wrapping my arms around him. I said "thankkk you! You're the best."

He kissed my forehead and said "lay back down before you don't get it."

We laid down and I was giving Harlem some of my cake then eventually we all fell asleep. When we woke up I seen Hakeem was already up doing some of his work. He said "as long as I get my money I don't care. Figure that shit out."

He came back into bed and said "why you up so early mama?"

I said "I don't know my body just wanted to wake up."

He said "you so cute. Come here mama."

I said "lemme brush my teeth."

I went to the bathroom and washed my face then brushed my teeth and went back out. He wrapped his arms around me and gave me a little kiss. He put his head in my neck giving me little kisses. He grabbed my butt and said "ya little booty."

I said "you love ittt."

He said "that right." He let go and I laid back down. He came over and grabbed some lotion, he started rubbing my lul belly.

I said "you gotta go in today?"

He said "yesss."

I said "that means you get to put a suit on. Get dressed now so I can take pictures of you with ya cute ass." When he got up he showered than got dressed I said "baby you look good!" He was standing infront our big mirror and I stood in front of him with one of his big sweatshirts on and leggings. I posed all ugly and playful with him in his suit all serious. I said "baby, you gotta go.. I love you! Have a good day and call me when your on lunch."

He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me. He said "I love you more."

He picked Harlem up so he could drop him off at daycare. I laid back down and posted our picture where he was smiled and I was posing funny in front of him, my caption said: look at the difference #hellobedrest🙄

People were commenting wishing the baby the best and saying how we look like we work together and all this other shit.

I laid down and took another nap also I did a lot of wedding work. He called me on his break so we was talking for a while, I said "you seem so mad baby."

He said "people just act stupid. If they'd just do what I say with how I said to do it everything would be ok."

I said "don't stress yourself out because then it'll stress me out because your so stressed. I can take a trip down there if you want."

He said "no baby. It's ok."

I said "well if I call you back and you still mad I'm coming up there."

He said "and what ya lil pregnant behind gon do?"

I said "I'll yell at them for stressing my baby out."

He said "you the one who needs to calm it down. Don't get my little baby all hyped up."

I said "I'm not I been napping all day but I did do some stuff for the wedding. Speaking of that when you get home we have to go look at this place."

He made this face and said "so when the doctor said you shouldn't be on ya feet you.."

I said "baby it'll be for like 10 minutes at the max. I just really need to pick out the venue so that way we can book and.."

He laughed and said "okay baby, but no more of this shit."

I said "okay thank you baby..