Chapter Thirteen

4 weeks later
Haven woke up crying and as I went to stand up, Hakeem pushed me back down a little and said "I got it Haze, get some sleep."

I smiled and said "thank you."

He came back in with her laying on his chest. She just wanted some skin to skin contact. I usually get my skin to skin with her during breastfeeding and then he does it when she cries because it calms her.  I slept for about 2 more hours then woke up to feed her. Hakeem has been staying home and working from home, and will be until Haven is atleast 3 months because it's hard raising both Harlem and Haven alone. He wants to be as present as possible so that's what he chose to do.

When I got up all the way I washed my face and picked up Haven and Keem helped Harlem get down the steps to start making breakfast. I had on a white tank top and shorts. Keem said "look at my girls."

Harlem repeated him and said "look at my girls."

I laughed and Haven squirmed on my chest like mommy shhh. I kissed the sides of her head and she was smiling and drooling on my chest. I said "Haven, daddy and brother made us breakfast!" I grabbed her holder and put her against my chest then she latched on and started eating her breakfast aka my breast milk. Keem smiles and took a picture of us. I said "stoppp I be looking so ugly."

Harlem said "mama you bootiful!"

Hakeem came over and kissed my forehead then gave me my plate. As I sat to eat Haven unlatched so I had to help her back then started to eat. Hakeem said "I have a conference call around 2, so they should both be down for their naps."

I nodded and said "ok. Way to schedule everything babe."

He laughed and said "I try."

Eventually Haven and I finished eating so I burped her then we got into the bath. When we got out I put her in a onesie and she laid with Hakeem while Harlem came upstairs with me to get in the bath. I helped him wash his little curls. When he got out he wanted to be held because he was 'really, really, really cold!' When we got into his room he decided he could get dressed without me and put on his little boxers and white wife beater with some gray sweatpants and socks. I laughed because he's a mini Hakeem and his 'chill' outfit showed. I dried his hair with a microfiber towel then sent him downstairs. I just put on a pair of grey leggings and a matching grey tube top. They are just easier to get down to let Haven eat. I went into her nursery and pumped like 3 bottles then brought them downstairs into the fridge labeling them with the date and time. It was about 1 o'clock and they were all laid up on the coach. I laid down and Harlem got right on top of me so I laid my side on Hakeem. When Harlem fell asleep I went and put him in his bed for his nap time. He should be sleep til 4 if we lucky. Then Haven went down and she got fed right before her nap so she'll be sleep for about 4 hours.

I went downstairs and laid on the couch. Hakeem grabbed his computer and phone then laid between my legs. He put a pillow on my stomach and leaned up against it. He said "I'm bout to jump on here. Take a nap, I'll wake you when I'm done mamas."

I said "ok." He gave me a kiss then I literally passed out. When he woke me up he had his head laid on my stomach.

I said "how was it?"

He said "fine, they just give me a headache."

I said "awh babe."

He came up to my lips and gave me a kiss. He said "you so lucky. 4 weeks left."

I laughed and said "why you counting down like that?"

He said "you'll understand soon."

I said "yeah yeah. The kids are napping and I'm bored."