Chapter Seven

After about 2 hours, Hakeem was knocked out in my bed. I jumped into the shower and started getting upset at myself. It's just the way he was looking and my weaknesses got to me. I'm so stupid. Eventually when I got out the shower I put on a pair of grey Nike leggings with the matching sports bra, as well as, a white cut out shirt. I picked up Harlem changed his diaper and grabbed his diaper bag. I left a note to Keem telling him we went to the gym. Harlem was awake and we went of to the YMCA. When we got there I checked him into the daycare and then went to the gym. I ran on the treadmill for about an hour then started working on my abs. We left after I finished. When we got back to the house it was about 7pm. Keem was sitting in the living room watching football. I said "can you watch him while I shower?"

He said "yeah." I put Harlem down and he walked over to Keem. I went upstairs and showered. I washed my hair so my curls were in full effect. When I got out I put in some moisturizer and some oils. I put on a pair of silk red shorts and a white cropped tank top.

I said "what do you want to eat papas?"

Harlem said "chicken."

He got up from Keem and started coming towards me. I said "ok papas, give mommy some time and I'll have it done. Stay out here and play with daddy."

I picked him up and gave him a kiss then put him back on Hakeem's lap. I went into the kitchen and took out the chicken. I cut them into tenders making sure to cut out the fat. I put my oil on then got all the flour and everything ready. After I had everything almost together I started steaming the broccoli and Mac and cheese. When the food was done I set up Harlem's plate and then put him in his chair. Keem came into the kitchen and I had already made his plate. I said "what do you want to drink?"

He said "sprite, if you don't mind."

I nodded and grabbed him a drink. He sat down and so did I then he said grace. Harlem said "tank you mommy."

I said "your welcome papas."

Keem said "thanks Haze, this jumping."

I nodded and I said "no problem."

After everyone finished Harlem was being kinda spoiled and wanted my attention so I sat him down on the counter while I washed the dishes. He said "mommy."

I said "yes?"

He said "can we watch movies til bed time?"

I said "yeah baby. What you wanna watch?"

He said "Trolls."

I said "ok baby."

When we finished I helped him down he followed me as we went to the living room. He came and jumped on the couch with me. He laid on my chest facing the tv and I made Keem put on Trolls.

I said "mommy's big baby."

Even Keem was laid up with us. Harlem said "daddy can you grab my blanky? Me and mommy cold."

Keem got up and put the blanket around Harlem and I. When Harlem eventually went to sleep Keem said "don't fall asleep on this couch."

I said "can you pick him up and put him in his crib?"

He said "yeah." He picked him up while I cleaned up downstairs.

When I went upstairs I passed out on my bed. When I woke up in the morning I picked up Harlem. Keem was down there dressed for work. I got my baby ready and then started getting ready for my first day at the salon.

 I got my baby ready and then started getting ready for my first day at the salon

Keem said "who you trynna impress?"

I said "when you the boss you gotta look like it."

He said "you right mamas."

I dropped off Harlem and then went to the salon. He called a before opening meeting. He was already there and said "is Harlem good?"

I said "yeah he's with his baby sitter."

I brought some pictures for my office and stuff like that. One was a picture of Harlem and I smiling real hard. Hakeem said "that's cute."

I said "thanks, is everyone here?"

He said "yeah they in the conference room so let's go." I brought in light snacks for them to eat while they wait.

I walked in and said "hello! My name is Hazel and imma be the new salon manager."

Someone said "how you know Hakeem?"

I said "went to high school together. Next? Pertaining to work."

Someone said "your so pretty but anyways you head chair now too?"

I said "yes."

Then Keem said "ok we opening in twenty minutes go get y'all stuff ready. Any questions, comments, or concerns she'll be in her office most likely."

When everyone left out he said "so what time do I gotta pick up Harlem?"

I said "are you able to get him around 4 then bring him her? Because imma miss him."

He laughed and said "I gotchu. Only for a little though because you not bout to ruin my time with him." Laughing a little.

I said "okay dang."

He said "you so fine."

I said "boy leave me alone."

He grabbed my butt and pulled me towards him and kissed me. He said "go on with ya lil cute ass."

I rolled my eyes and pulled my skirt down then walked to my office. I checked to make sure everyone was clocked in and then went to my station to plug my stuff in. I already had appointments booked through til next week. I always left at least 30 minutes downtime in between in case someone was late so I could still do their hair. He left and went to his main office and I started my day. Eventually I had my first clients and had them in and out quick. When 4 rolled around Keem came in with Harlem. I smiled and Harlem ran over to me. He said "mommy!"

I picked him up and said "hi mommy's big boy. How was school?"

He said "good, daddy picked me up and said we come to see you at work!"

One of the workers said "oh my goddess he is so precious."

I said "thank you."

Harlem smiled at her and said "tank u."

I smiled and brought him back into my office. I said "everyone nice at daycare?"

He said "most of the time mommy. Sometimes I just miss you though."

I said "I'm sorry papas I miss you too, all day that's why daddy brought you. Did you nap?"

He said "yeah on the mats at school with my wubbies."

I held him in my lap and said "let's pick out something to get daddy." Online shopping for a little.