Realistic

*JUNKYU'S 1st PERSON POV*

I grab a cookie from the cookie jar and the kitchen and plop down on the couch, watching the younger trainees play 'Call if Duty' on the PS4 in the living room. They pay no attention to my presence but I don't mind. I don't really need anyone's attention as long as I have Mashi's. I got a bit hungry after making Mashi flustered for a while, so when he dozed off on his bed I decided to get something to snack on.

I was lost in my thoughts thinking about how cute Mashi was until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked over to find a mailing Yedam looking at me. I smiled back and patted the spot next to me. He nodded and sat down.

"Junkyu...I've been meaning to talk to you." Yedam said biting his lip. Something about him seemed off. Immediately I felt my stomach drop.

"What's up, Dammie?" I said trying to sound nonchalant. He sighed before answering.

"You and Mashiho...are a thing, right?" He asked. I nodded and he continued. "You're happier, right?"

I nodded again. Not sure at what he was getting at.
"Good. I'm glad but...I have to say something. I hate to bring this up but I need to be real with you for a moment. I don't know if you've realized this but...Mashiho is at the bottom of the rankings. And I don't mean number 13. I mean to say that he is the bottom. As in number 18...out of 18," he said in a pitiful tone. My mind couldn't wrap itself around what Yedam was saying.

"So what?" I asked, trying to seem unfazed.

"Kyu...11 of the lowest ranking members will be eliminated on Monday," his words made it hard for me to breathe, "Kyu...even if he somehow managed to bring his ranking up...you can't lie to yourself. There is no way he'll make it in the final line up." Yedam took my hand in his and gave me another look of pity. I shoved his hand off. I got up, with out looking back at him and started up stairs.

"Junkyu! I'm sorry! It's the truth!" Yedam called after me. I walked faster until I made it in to me Mashiho's room. I slammed the door behind me, forgetting that Mashi was still sleeping. As soon as i slammed the door, he shot up out of bed, hair messy and dried drool on his chin.

"Hmmmm...w-wuss..happ-pen-ni-n-ning?" He asked yawning. I walked over to his bed and wrapped my arms around him.

"Nothing Mashi~" I mumbled andáis forehead gently. "Just go back to sleep." He shook his head 'no' and tried to push me away while mumbling, "no...somethings wrong." I pretended everything was fine and went over to the other side of the bed, so that I laying was next to him on the bed.

"Nothings wrong~ everything's fine Mashi...just go back to sleep baby," I said softly as I pulled him down next to me and hug him close to my body. He protested a bit but soon enough he calmed down and I felt him grow still in my arms, the only thing moving was his chest which went up and down with each breath.

"Everything's fine." I said to no one.  I hugged out a ragged breath and layed my head against his.

Today is Saturday, Junkyu. The day after tomorrow will be Monday. I have to make tomorrow count. I won't except it as our last day together until the results come out on Monday. But I'm going to make sure Mashiho enjoys himself. I don't want him to stress about himself. He's done so much for me, I need to do this in return. I said to myself. In the back of my mind a tiny voice, barely audible whispered, 'are you sure this is for Mashiho and not you? Are you sure it's for his own good and not for your selfish needs?'

I closed my eyes, as if not seeing would stop the voices, but they just continued to rage on.

'Alone again. That's what you'll be. No more Mashiho. No more love. No more laughs. Everything you'd accomplished to this point will be gone and you can't do anything to stop it.' The voice was right. If Mashiho leaves my life will go back to how it was before. The thought was terrifying but what made me want to cry was the thought of being without Mashi. His smiles, laugh...everything will be gone. I felt my heart ache inside, and a single tear slide down my cheek, but quickly tried regaining myself.

It's fine. He's with you now and that's what matters.

For now.

For now.

I hugged Mashiho closer and kissed the top of his head before closing my eyes, letting the pain leave me, and the nothingness of sleep envelop me.

_________
Sorry for the dull chapter :(
Dw I'll make sure to make the next really cute ;)
Anyways thanks for 2.5k + reads! Oh and also prepare your tissues because I never said how the book was going to end :3
vote if you enjoyed ;) ⬇️