2

Piccolo landed, Arlice behind him. "Wait until I get Gohan set up." His voice was emotionless and he faced away from the girl, making her anxiety increased. She flew away without a word, not wanting to make him even madder.

She waited for half an hour before her mentor finally met up with her. "Piccolo I-"

"Zip it." He growled. The girl shut her mouth and hung her head. "I gave you specific instructions to stay put, yet you disobeyed me. You could have gotten yourself killed!" She avoided his eyes, knowing they were filled with disappointment. "What the hell were you thinking!?!" She felt like crying but held back the tears.

"Your ki was lowering... I... I didn't want you to die..." She said, now looking him in the eye. He sighed. With his eyes closed, he took a moment to think. He knew even stronger foes were on the way, and that the Earth would need all the help that it could get. On the other hand, he felt didn't want to see his apprentice die. As a final thought, he knew that based on today, she would join no matter what he did or said "If you want to be in the next fight. You and I are going to need to be training harder. That means absolutely no holding back. Both on my part, and yours."

"Yes, sir!" Arlice nodded, determined. She wouldn't fail her master again. As they started to head off, she paused. "Wait, may I ask a question?" Piccolo stopped and turned the girl once more. He nodded.

"That guy we just faced, He had a tail too. And so does Gohan. He also thought that I was Goku's kid because of it. Why did he just assume it?" Her master sighed, knowing this was going to come up at some point. He figured he better tell her now.

"Radiz and Goku are part of an alien race called the Saiyans. All of them are born with tails, making it easy to identify them. Since Gohan is Goku's son and is half Saiyan, he got one as well. You, Arlice, are a full Saiyan. It is why you are stronger than what would be the average human child. I found you when you landed on Earth with a set of instructions on how to take care of you. As far as I know, your mother is dead, but your father is still alive. Considering Radiz said there were only two other remaining Saiyans, your father is going to be one of the Saiyans showing up in a year." He watched as all the information process in the girl's head. He saw how she remained silent. Neither spoke for several minutes. 

"Can you remove my tail please." Piccolo eyed her. Not even a few hours ago, the 4-year-old was begging to keep it. "If... If they can tell I am a Saiyan from just seeing it, I don't want it. I don't want my dad to know who I am, or that I am even alive. If he is anything like Radiz..." She stopped, not knowing what to say. Piccolo understood what she was conveying, honestly not wanting her father to know she was alive as well. Based on what he had seen of Radiz, and him supposedly worse, he didn't deserve her as his kid. He removed the tail and was met with a small smile of gratitude from Arlice.

"Now come on. We need to train" Arlice nodded to her mentor, more determined than ever.

---time skip---

The two watched over Gohan as he ran from a dinosaur and got stuck on a hill. Piccolo was getting frustrated, while Arlice felt bad. "Maybe we should help him," she suggested, looking up at her mentor, "After all, his dad just died. He has also never trained a day in his life. That must be really hard for him."

"No. If we help him with everything he will never learn. He can do it." Gohan continued to struggle to figure out how to get down, eventually just laying down and staring at the moon. Arlice sighed, now getting bored.  She shifted her eyes from Gohan and started to meditate. A growing power level and roaring told her to open her eyes. No longer was there Gohan on a mountain, but a giant ape rampaging on the ground. "Jesus Christ! What happened?"

"This must be what Radiz was reffering to when he talked about a Saiyan's hiden power," Piccolo murmured to himself before destroying the moon, thus turning Gohan back to normal. The two floated down, but Arlice stopped and closed her eyes upon seeing the kid naked. 

"How come I never did that," Arlice asked, still looking away. "You never had your tail when looking at the full moon. I was told when I found you that it needed to be removed," answered her mentor. As Piccolo gave the boy new clothes, Arlice looked at the now moonless sky. "I hope this doesn't have any negative effects."