17

Vegeta let go of Arlice and switched his gaze to watch Goku punch Recoome once and knock him out. Arlice watched, but couldn't really concentrate on anything. She tried to put the past few minutes into context, but her mind was just blank. Did she really freak out and defends Vegeta in a fight? And more confusing, was that concern on Vegeta's face when she became conscious? None of it made sense. A pull on her arm, however, snapped her out of her thoughts. 

"Come on!" Gohan said. Arlice looked around and Ginyu was back with Jeice while Burter and Recoome's bodies were nowhere to be seen. She didn't have time to ask any questions as Gohan had begun to take off, so Arlice just started flying behind her friend. She noticed that the group stopped to get the Dragon Ball radar, so she was able to put together that they were getting back the 7 Dragon Balls. The young Saiyan was surprised that when they landed in front of a massive ship, there was no one there. I guess Frieza didn't think anyone would come here.

Arlice let Gohan and Krillin dig up the Dragon Balls while she stood guard. She turned to the ship and could have sworn she felt Vegeta's energy, but before she could say anything, she heard Krillin yell "Eternal Dragon, rise up and grand our wish!" Intrigued, she turned to see what the Dragon looked like but was sorely disappointed when nothing happened. "Well, that was underwhelming," she commented sourly.

"Maybe there is something special about Namekian Dragon Balls?" Gohan questioned. The boy then continued, "Maybe the only way to summon it would be to call in its native language." Arlice sighed, not wanting to make another trip to the Grand Elder's home to get some help. The thought was cast aside when she and her friends felt two large power levels gaining on them. Krillin grabbed Gohan and her and pulled the trio behind a rock. Upon seeing that it was "Goku" the midget relaxed and went out of their hiding spot. 

Krillin went to greet his friend, but Gohan seemed to stay behind. Arlice squinted at her friend's father but started glaring once he hit Krillin. "That's not my father!" Gohan yelled. Arlice switched to a fighting stance. While Gohan teamed with Krillin to fight the fake Goku, Arlice tried taking down Jeice. While he was able to dodge most of her punches, she managed to fake him out once and punch him in the face. "GODDAMMIT, WHY IS IT ALWAYS THE FACE!" the red alien yelled. Not playing around anymore, Jeice went behind Arlice and kicked her across the back. 

Instantly, the girl fell to the ground in pain. What the heck? That wasn't that bad of a kick, Recoome did way worse. What did he hit that- Arlice's eyes widened as she realized something. The senzu bean didn't just heal her. It also managed to make her tail grow back. Of all the times and places, it had to be here now. Arlice didn't know what to do. Now that she was aware of its existence, all she could focus on was her tail and how uncomfortable she felt with it being stuck between her body and her gi. 

Jeice started coming towards the distracted girl but stopped when he noticed a figure in the distance. "Uh, Captin'. You're here." Ginyu looked up to see his former body flying over. Ginyu started to chuckle but was caught off guard when Gohan snapped and started beating him up. 

Ginyu called out to his teammate for some help, but Arlice was able to bring her attention back to the fight at hand. As she stepped forward in an attack position, she noticed her father had come out of his hiding place as well. "G' day. Mate" Vegeta mocked. He winked at Arlice and she nodded. The two Saiyans rushed at their foe, making it impossible for Jeice to dodge their attacks. Arlice focused on the fight but she did smile at some of her father's insults to the red alien. Frustrated, Jeice blasted at the two of them to make them back off. Arlice took some deep breaths, getting a little worn out. Vegeta only smiled though.

"What the hell happened to you two... you were not this strong when you fought Recoome!" Vegeta quickly explained how Saiyans heal and get stronger the more injured they become before he blasted Jeice to bits. "Nice work, but take a breather and sit the next fight out. I want to take Kakarot on my own," Vegeta smiled. Arlice figured she should protest, but decided that while Vegeta fought she could figure out how to get rid of the tail. She nodded and landed on the ground near where Goku was.