4

One day while training, the sky got dark, despite it being noon. While the two 5-year-olds tried to figure stuff out, Piccolo knew exactly what was going on, and the implications of it. Goku was being wished back, yet it had not even been a full year. This meant the Saiyans were coming early. "Be on guard, the Saiyans are arriving!" he told them. 

"But I thought they were coming a year from Radiz's attack? It hasn't been that long yet!" Arlice cried. "It doesn't matter. What matters is they are almost here, otherwise the others wouldn't be summoning the Dragon Balls to wish back Goku. Now clean yourselves up and be prepared." The trio stood together as they waited for the Saiyans to arrive. "How do you know they will come here?" Gohan asked Piccolo.

"They will seek out the highest powers, which at the moment are us," he explained simply, a blank expression on his face." Arlice felt board. They weren't supposed to train, and just waiting was hardly exciting for her. If anything, it made her more nervous. She just wanted to get stuff over with or have it not happen at all. "How come we can't just meditate until we sense them coming?" she questioned.

"We want to be prepared for when they show up. We can't risk them hiding their energy and sneaking up on us." The girl sighed and sat down on the ground. She drew circles in the dirt to try and keep from being bored. What if they don't show up and we prepared for nothing. "Here they come" Piccolo exclaimed as they felt someone approach, knocking Arlice out of her thoughts. So much for that idea. She jumped up and readied herself.

"Aren't there supposed to be two?" Gohan asked. Before anyone could come up with an answer, a short bald man landed in front of them. Arlice felt like she had seen him before. "Krillin!" Gohan yelled running over to the man. Right, he was one of the people helping Goku when he died. Everyone relaxed while Gohan and Krillin caught up with each other.

Arlice began to zone out again, trapped in her own thoughts of what could happen today. She could meet her father, or there could be the rare chance he is not one of the Saiyans arriving. She and her friends could win, or they could die a painful death knowing the earth is doomed. There were do many outcomes that she lost all sense of the world around her. "Arlice! Pay attention!" She snapped back into reality and saw not only more people around her but also two figures in front of her. One was large, to say the least, and had a bald head with a tiny mustache. The other one had black hair that spiked up like a flame but was much shorter than his companion. He seemed to worry her the most, especially as he looked right back at her. Luckily, he went back to talking with Piccolo.

"If you just hand over the Dragon Balls now, we may just spare you," he said. Arlice only had a vague idea of what the Dragon Balls were, but even that was enough to know they could not let these Saiyans have them.

"As if we would ever hand them over to you!" Krillin exclaimed. The big guy laughed, his excitement to fight slightly scaring the young girl.

"Nappa, how many Sibamen do we have left?" The small one said to his partner, supposedly named Nappa.

"Let's see, Vegeta. We got six left. Just about one for each of them." Nappa began putting small beans in the ground and pouring a strange liquid on them. Before the blink of an eye, six funky looking green aliens sprouted from the ground, growling in excitement. Gohan looked on in fear, but Arlice couldn't help but feel a bit of excitement to finally start fighting. This is what they trained for after all. She took a step forward, but Piccolo put his arm in front of her.

She looked up at her mentor, confused and disappointed, by he wasn't even looking at her. His gaze was instead focused on Vegeta, who seemed to be watching the young girl every so often.

Before she could protest, the bald man with three eyes stepped forward. "I'll go first I guess." The small clown looking creature looked on smiling.

"You can do it, Tien!" He cheered. Arlice watched as in practically no time at all, Tien had beaten the weird creature and returned to the cheering group. Nappa looked shocked.

"But each of the Saibamen are as strong as Radiz, and they barely beat him!" Vegeta looked way more relaxed, clearly not intimidated by the group.

"It seems they did some training before we came. It is still not a problem to us" he reminded his friend. That thing was as strong as Radiz? Maybe there is some hope if we all work together. Arlice smiled at the thought.

Next up, the man with black spiky hair that went down to his waist was up. He began to battle the Saibamen but was taking it slower than Tien. Gohan saw the group turning their heads and watching something, but all he saw was air. "Where are they?" the young half-Saiyan asked. Piccolo sighed in annoyance.

"You aren't going to see them by watching with just your eyes. You have to sense them." Gohan looked even more confused. "Close your eyes, Gohan!" The boy did as he was told. "Now, try and follow their energy." Gohan slowly began to understand and followed the fight, smiling at his new skill.

Yamcha hit his opponent to the ground, and turned to his friends, proud that he 'defeated' the Saibamen. As everyone cheered, the alien launched himself onto the back of the fighter and blew itself up, bringing Yamcha down with him.