Flashbacks

Just a reminder, not all of this story has stuff based on cannon or published materials of the Dragon Ball universe. This has been going on throughout the story, but it will be especially noticeable in this chapter. Also, spoiler: this is what Vegeta is thinking up to the point of the last chapter.

Vegeta POV

Before we arrived, the name earth sounded familiar. I knew I had never been there before, but something about it seemed important in my mind. Nappa suggested it may be because Kakarot was stationed there and my mind was just remembering the detail, but it wasn't that. Kakarot meant nothing and something else about the planet was important. I decided to just try and ignore the feeling as we got into the pods.

When we landed, the feeling was still there despite it being a full year. It was starting to annoy me. Nappa destroyed an Earthling city, and I reminded him about how we needed all seven Dragon Balls to get our wish, so we need to be more careful. He apologized and we went off to where our Scouters said there were 4 power levels, 3 of which were the highest. They seemed too high based on how much trouble Radiz gave them, but still, it seemed this would be easy.

We landed in a clearing where there was a Namekian wearing a purple outfit and red wrist bands and a blue waistband, two children around 5 years old each with matching outfits. The boy had blue wrist bands and hair with spiky bangs that starting going upwards and hair that fell down, almost in a pony tail fashion, minus it actually being in a ponytail. Meanwhile, the girl had bangs with her hair parted off-center and her hair falling down to around her shoulders in almost an upside-down flame. Again, she wore the same outfit as the Namekian and boy, only now with purple wrist bands. Finally, there was a bald midget in an orange gi. He seemed the weakest out of all of them. Something about the girl seemed familiar, but I couldn't quite place it.

As we landed, she seemed deep in thought, as everyone else got into a defensive stance. Some other weak humans arrived, including a stupid-looking man with long spiky hair, a scar on his face, and a matching gi to the bald one. The taller of them all had three eyes and a serious expression. He was next to a child-sized clown looking thing. "Arlice, pay attention!" The Namekian called. Arlice... That name...

"How about we name her Arlice? Just like your grandmother?" asked a Saiyan woman, holding a newborn daughter. Despite the obvious fat that came with having a baby, the woman looked like she would normally be thin, but still able to fight. She had an off-center part, with hair that barely came past her neck. She sat in a makeshift bed in a small hut, looking up at the Prince of her near-extinct race with a smile.

He took the bundle from her hands, a small smile making his way onto his face, making the Saiyan women only smile more at the rare sight of her husband smiling out of happiness. "Arlice sounds like a perfect name for our princess."

Wait a moment, could it be? Did Freiza not manage to kill her. The hair seems the same. The bangs and eye shape do match Okara's. I saw the Namekian shoot me a glace, and I remember the task at hand.

"Give us the Dragon Balls, and maybe we will spare you" I ordered the weaklings. Of course, they refused and chose the hard way. Trying to think back, I turned to my servant. "Nappa, how many Sibamen do we have left?"

He informed me that there were only six. I would have preferred more, that would do. I saw Arlice get ready to fight, only to be held back by her mentor. She seems to have the Saiyan instinct to fight. Instead, the triclops took the first fight and managed to come out on top. However, the scar-faced buffoon lost, causing the midget to snap and finish off all but one of the Saibamen. Arlice saved the other child, who instead of attacking, backed away in fear. After that, Nappa took over.

I watched as the group tried to take him down, the clown thing even going as far as blowing himself up. Each attempt only ending in failure. The Namekian and midget tried to hit Nappa over to the boy, only for him to cower away once again. Before I could even laugh at his weakness, Arlice jumped and launched a string of attacks at Nappa, instinctually making me smile, even though it didn't last long, as she was hit into a mountain.

The Namekian and midget made copies of themselves to try and get an upper hand on Nappa, and I took my chance to get a closer look at the girl. I uncovered her from the rubble and saw, protruding from her rear, a tail. If that wasn't enough, her hair, when laid out on the ground above her head, looked even more like my own.

"Hey, Vegeta! If you hold her upside down, she has the same hair as you" joked the Saiyan women. A few months had passed and she started to regain her shape. Vegeta looked at Okara and how she held their baby and rolled his eyes. "She even has your scowl"

"HEY! LEAVE HER ALONE!" a voice called behind me, snapping me out of the memory. I figured I would amuse the small boy glaring at me and step away from Arlice. Okara must have sent her away before Frieza came. At least not all of my family is dead.

Woop! Two updates in (technically) one day. This is as far as the flashbacks will go for Vegeta. I just figured this would be a fun mini-chapter to give some incite to how he figures stuff out. Now, I'm gonna go get some sleep. Have fun with last chapter's (kind of) cliff hanger.
:3