Chapter Seven

Summer came, which means that the school year has finally ended. I have no idea if I'll be repeating this year again, but the last that I heard was that the teachers were reconsidering my case.

Well, I should prepare for the worst.

"Ah, this is what I love about summer." sambit ni Hana na katabi ko ngayon sa damuhan. He suddenly invited me to go meet him, so I came since I had nothing better to do. "The humid air brings out the worst of you." He remarked, to which I didn't understand.

I yawned. "Huh? I don't get it at all."

I looked at him in the corner of my eye. He looked so unattractive in his casual clothes. Flat as board. Patpatin. No muscles at all. Iyon bang isang tulak ko lang sa kanya, titilapon na siya. So wimpy.

"You see," He lifted his index finger. "When it's hot, people perspire more than usual, and bodies tend to have unpleasant body odor. Tuwing summer, malalaman mo kung sino talaga iyong mga taong may anghit at hindi mahilig magkuskos." I made a disgusted face. Are we really having this kind of conversation?

I scoffed. "Did you invite me to talk about hygiene?"

"No, no. I had something important to tell you." Hana rolled to my side and faced me. "My mother is going to celebrate her birthday next week... so I was wondering if you'd like to accompany me to Japan?" aniya at inayos ang suot niyang salamin.

I frowned. "Why me? Go find someone else."

"Do you really intend to abandon your friend?" He linked his arms to mine and sniffed dramatically. "Aside from Lars, you're my only friend. Dali na, samahan mo na ako. Ikaw lang ang meron ako." pag-iinarte niya. I was planning to yell at him, but when I saw him doing his puppy-eyed tactic, I could only groan in frustration.

"You're so sly, Hana." I hissed. "Giving me that kind of look... You really know how to make me dance in your palm, huh?"

He was grinning from ear to ear when he returned to the ground. Hana kept going on about our trip, but I got lost in my own ideas after giving it a thought. I'm coming with him to Japan. He's going to introduce me to his parents. Ano naman kaya ang iisipin nila kapag biglang nagdala si Hana ng babae sa kanila?

Oh, I couldn't wait.

Since I was too lazy to help with the paperworks (going overseas is much harder than you think) Hana was the one who fixed everything for me. Hindi ko na lang namalayan na dumating na pala ang araw ng alis namin at hindi parin ako nakakapag-impake hanggang ngayon. When my travel companion came to fetch me, he scolded me to his heart's content.

"Aalis na tayo mamayang gabi pero hindi ka parin nag-aayos ng mga dadalhin mo!" asik niya habang tinutupi ang mga damit ko. Napahikab ako. "I wanted to take you with me because you have no plans for the summer vacation! Instead of staying indoors the whole time, I wanted you to have fun! Show some interest, Lucy!"

"Stop nagging." I replied then scratched my head. "I'm coming with you, okay? Sorry kung hindi pa ako nakakapag-impake. Anyway, fold this for me." I told him then handed him my expensive lingerie.

His cheeks instantly turned pink. "W-What's this? You wear this kind of underwear?" Hana swallowed hard before taking it. Nanginginig pa ang mga kamay niya nang hawakan niya ito. He held the lingerie carefully as if his life depended on it. "This is... uhm, you have such a mature taste, Lucy." His lips were slightly parted as he stared curiously at the object.

I tried my best to suppress my laughter. "Is this your first time seeing a lingerie of that sort? Geez, you're such a kid."

Mas lalong namula si Hana. Mabilis niyang tinupi iyon at tinago sa pinakasulok ng maleta ko. Napansin kong natahimik siya at hindi niya ako pinapansin. When I attempted to start a conversation, he glared at me.