Chapter Thirty

"Wake up, bitch! Your boyfriend's waiting for you outside!"

I heard my brother opening the curtains of the window. I groggily opened my eyes when the sunlight struck my face. When I refused to get up, I screamed on top of my lungs when Lars drenched me with cold water. Halos pumutok ang mga litid ko sa sobrang galit.

"You fucker! What the hell?!" Napabangon ako nang wala sa oras. As usual, my twin brother was seated on his wheelchair. He was back to his usual self. 'Di na siya mabait. Lars was staring at me with an annoying expression on his face, as if he was looking at a bug.

"Why do we share the same face?" He clicked his tongue. "Kadiri."

I have a feeling that the rest of the day wouldn't get any better.

Mabigat man sa aking kalooban, nag-ayos na ako dahil naghihintay si Haru sa sala. The acquaintance party of the seniors will be held today, and we were instructed to come to school as early as we can. According to the school administration, there's no room for mistakes. We have to polish everything in order to make this event memorable for the graduating students.

"Morning."

Naabutan ko si Haru na pinapanood si Sachi. He was staring at the fish with so much love and affection, as if they're really biologically related. When he heard my voice, he instantly turned to me.

"Good morning, Lucy." He stood up from his seat. Once again, I was amazed by his incredible height. Kapag tumitingala ako kay Haru, hindi ko maiwasang mamangha sa kanya. Ang tangkad kasi.

He placed his hand on top of my head.

"You look pissed. Sino umaway sayo?" Haru queried with a smile on his face. His eyes roamed around the house, and it seems like he's looking for Lars. "That jerk... What did he do this time?"

I hissed. "He drenched me with cold water."

Haru wrapped his arms around me. When he embraced me, it felt like the all the bad vibes emitted by my shitty brother disappeared. I love how he calms me down by simply hugging me. Smooth.

"Did we fight yesterday, Haru?"

"Did we?" He asked me back. "I don't think so."

I couldn't help but smile at his response. Something was really off yesterday, but Haru's telling me now that everything's already fine. Ayaw na niyang pag-usapan dahil okay na siya ngayon, okay na kami ngayon. Let it all be water under the bridge.

"Don't forget to take a picture of Hana." Lars instructed me for the nth time. "If you fail to take a picture of him, I'll upload your sex scandal and make it viral online." pananakot niya.

I frowned. "May scandal ba ako?"

"Do not underestimate my editing skills."

I left the house together with Haru. We walked down the streets hand in hand, and it felt so peaceful despite the crowd of students and employees around us. None of us spoke, but the silence was quite comforting in its own way.

"Do you like sweets, Lucy?" Haru broke the silence when he noticed my stares at the nearby pastry shop. He looked curious.

"Not really." I eyed him. "But I like creamy stuff in particular."

"Creamy stuff? Like, cake?" He inquired.

I quietly nodded my head. For some reason, Haru seemed satisfied with my answer. Hanggang sa makarating kami sa eskwelahan, malalim ang iniisip niya. I even heard him mumbling 'chocolate syrup' to himself. Weird.

"You dropped this, Lucy." He told me while we were taking the stairs on the way to the second floor. My eyes widened in panic when I saw him holding my pendant, which is also the ring that Hana gave me. Mabilis ko itong kinuha mula sa kanya.