Prologue

Noone's pov.

The sun was shinig brightly as the heat increased by the hour. Those who lived in luxury had their servants bring them water or fan them while they stuffed their faces with delicious fruits.

And the others?

They had to work their backs off in the blazing heat, some of them collapsing from overheating or overworking. But what could they possibly do?

Nothing.

Nothing at all.

Simply follow orders or they will be punished by the Pharaoh, and if they are lucky, they die before they face the wrath of the Pharaoh and the other egyption noblemen.

That was the hellish life that the hebrew slaves had to live.

And it was just about to become even worse as the guards started marching towards the homes where the many hebrew families lived, weapons ready.

And as they passed by the noblemens houses first, a little two year old girl looked from the doorway from her home at them with curiosity and confusion.

As she stepped one foot towards the stairs her mother grabbed her by the hand and lead her inside.

"Come on, (Y/n). You don't need to be out here." The little girl's mother, (M/n), said sadly as she too watched as the soldiers broke into the hebrew homes and then headed to the river.

"Mommy." (Y/n) tugged her mothers white dress a little bit to gain her attention. "Why are they going after the other people, but not us?"

(M/n) then looked down at her daughter in shock. She couldn't tell her two year old daughter that the hebrew children were being taken away as per the Pharaoh's orders and that the children will be thrown in the river to drown.

She knew that (Y/n) cared for the hebrews just like her mother, and saw no difference between them and the egyptions, but if her daughter found out about this now, she would most likely confront the guards, which was pretty brave to do for a two year old, and would get in trouble.

(M/n) then bent down to her daughter's level as her look softened and gently kissed her forehead. "Someday, my dear (Y/n), you will understand."

The woman then leaded the girl inside their luxureous home and the little girl then ran to the window in her room that faced the river Nile. Once there she looked at the beautiful golden skies and the beauty of the Nile. But then  she saw something floating in the water. It didn't look like a log, for it was too small, or a rock, because she knew that rocks don't float. It looked more like a basket.

Just as she was about to identify the thing in the water, her mother called for her to come get supper.

And so (Y/n) jumped away from the window and ran to her doors. She threw one last glance at the window before running out of her room.