Chapter 4

I am so, so, so sorry for the quality of the video, but it was the only one I could find that includes this specific scene.

(Y/n)'s pov.

"I'm done for. Father will kill me." Rameses said paniced as a servant started to fix up the looks of the two princes and Moses having to shoo him off.

"Don't worry." Moses said calmly and slapped the servants hand away. "Nobody will evennotice us coming in."

"Um-" I started saying until Moses pushed his brother from the curtains and I heard loud cheering at the Princes' arrival. I then facepalmed quietly and moved elsewhere to join in the party.

"'Nobody will even notice'?" I heard Rameses growl to which Moses nervously chuckled.

"Ah, the young princes." The Queen said as she hugged her sons and I came becide her. "Rameses, you were just named prince regent.You are now responsible for overseeing all the temples. I suggest you get over there and thank your father."

Queen Tuya then pushed her eldest son to his father as she clapped and nodded at me in gratitude that I brought them here.

"Apparently, Moses, someone thought he...just needed the opportunity." Moses then went becide his brother and father, leaving me and the Queen alone.

"They forgot, didn't they?" The Queen whispered to me.

"Jup." I replied and the Queen sighed disappointingly.

"My lord Pharaoh." I heard Moses say and turned my attention to them."I propose that the high priests offer tribute to their new regent."

"An excellent idea. Hotep! Hoy!" The Pharaoh said.

"Hoy." Hotep said.

"Hmm?" the adressed man questioned.

"The Midian girl." Now this peaked my intrest. If it was in a good way, then I would likely be lying to myself.

"That's a good idea! Go get her." Hotep then scurried away to Gods now where. "By the power of Ra, we present for your delectation and delight...an exotic apparition stolen from a faraway land."

Hoy then created smoke  and then it cleared, reaveling some decorative walls (?) and once they fell down, there was a girl with her hands tied and sitting on a camel. My eyebrows furrowed slightly in anger and my fist was balled, but I controlled myself. I then looked at the Queen and saw that she wore the exact expression as me, only it was more masked.

"We offer you this delicate desert flower."

Hoy then harshly tugged on the rope tied to her wrists and she screamed slightly and stumbled as the others around her laughed. Me and the girl then briefly made eye contact and my face turned into a apolegetic frown.

"Let us inspect this... desert flower." Rameses said as he took her chin and she then attempted to bite him amking others gasp.

"More like a desert cobra." Rameses said while inspecting his hand.

"Not much of a snakecharmer, are you?" Moses said chuckling.

"That's why I give her to you." Rameses said as he pushed his brother towards the girl. I then bit my lip in anger at them. How could they both treat her like this?

"No, that's generous, but-" Moses said.

"I won't be given to anyone. Especially an arrogant,pampered palace brat!" the girl spat at the two Princes. What is she doing? She is olny going to get herself killed! I thoughed, paniced.

"Are you going to let her talk to you like that?" Rameses whispered in his brother's ear and I saw Moses compose himself.

"You will show the proper respect for a prince of Egypt." Moses said to the mysterious girl.

"But I am showing you all the respect you deserve-none!" The girl then pulled on the rope and managed to get the priests to release their grip on it.

"No. Wait!" Moses yelled as he stopped the guards from advancing and insted jumped and gripped the rope. "Be still."

"Untie this rope! I demand you set me free!" the girl yelled.

"Be still." Moses repeated.

"Let go!" she yelled louder.

"As you wish." Moses then let go of the rope.

The girl screamed as she then stumbled and fell into the pond behind her, making everyone laugh. Moses then looked into mine and the Queen's direction and I averted my gaze in shame.

"You there! Have her dried off...and sent to Prince Moses' chambers." Rameses said to a servant nearby who then picked the girl out of the pond. "If it pleases you, Father, my first act as regent is to appoint Moses as royal chief architect."

Everyone cheered around us, but my focus was only on the girl who was brought to the large palace doors. She then turned back and glared at Moses before exiting the room.

I then turned my attention to the Queen.

"My Queen," I said and she turned to me. "May I leave you for a short moment?"

"Of course you can, (Y/n)." I then thanked her and went straight to the kitchens to pick up a trey of food to bring to the girl.

I then went to Moses' chambers and saw the girl making a rope from the sheets, her stopping and her eyes widening at me entering the room.

I then smiled gently at her and saw the knocked out servant that was also tied up. I set the trey down, went to a nearby storage closet and grabbed extra sheets to help her make the rope.

"Why are you helping me?" the girl asked suspiceusly.

"Because I want to help those who need it the most." I then tied the swiftly tied sheets to her already made part of the rope.

"Thank you." She said and I smiled gently at her.

"I sugest you travel to the south-east part of uptown." I said to her before she leaped out of the window. "There should be two slaves by the name of Miriam and Aaron who will give you some supplies for the journey. Just tell them that (Y/n) sent you here."

"I will. Thank you, (Y/n)." she said and then after a few seconds said. "My name is Tzipporah."

"Then good luck, Tzipporah." she then nodded in gratitude and leaped out of the window with the rope and I rushed out of the Princes' chambers before the other servant could wake up.