Chapter 47:DISTANCE AND RELATIONSHIPS🍂

For the three following months, we could not meet. We only called each other from time to time since circumstances made that when I was free, he was busy and when he was free, I was busy. It was really hard and we were missing each other so much. At some point, I even wanted to quit my internship but Tae-hyung convinced me not to do so. He then told me that he would try to call me more often but I knew, deep inside, that this was impossible.

I then remembered what V told me, that I should try to keep in touch with my ex-crush so I called him and we started to meet when we had some free time. We grew closer and ended up becoming friends again. I did not want to but I was feeling too lonely.😕
After some time, I finally told Tae-hyung about it. I expected him to be angry that I hid that from him, but instead he told me that he was happy, that he wanted to suggest me that since a long time ago but remained silent as he did not want to irritate me.
"I trust you. And I know you love me. Yes I am a bit jealous but you need someone by your side. Me, I have my hyungs but, you, you're left on your own and I can't tolerate this." he said.

Since then, I felt reassured and started meeting my 'new' friend without feeling guilty of hiding stuff from Tae. This also helped me to open up a little more to him and I could give him some more details about my relationship as he also stopped asking too many questions...

We were supposed to meet that afternoon and he reached my place at around 16 00. We ate snacks together and then I ended up telling him:
"You know... next week will be my second dating anniversary with him and we won't be able to meet. Last year, he called me and we stayed together for some hours. But this year we won't be able to do that either!😕"

"Why?" he asked, curious.

"Because I have to go to work in the morning and have courses in the afternoon. When I'll be back home, it will be too late to call him."

"Why?"

"The time difference! He would already be asleep by the time I'll be back home."

"Where does he live?"

I looked at him, thinking whether I could tell him or not, but then I sighed and confessed: "South Korea. He's Korean."

He burst out laughing and said: "What?! You're dating a Korean?!😂 Do your parents know about him?"

"NO! AND THEY SHOULDN'T KNOW!" I exclaimed.

He replied, still laughing: "Yeah I know... they'll kill you!😂"

"And you find it funny?🙄" I snapped, irritated.

"No... I'm laughing because I never expected that! I was the one who introduced you to Korean culture and you end up dating a Korean... You should thank me!😌" he teased me.

"Well you're right. Thank you! Without you, I would never have met my boyfriend.😏" I replied, smirking.

"What? Really?" he was shocked.

"Yep.😌" I was amused by how fast his face expressions were changing.

"Don't tell me you're dating a singer?! Or an actor?!" he was looking at me with his eyes wide open.

"Huh... I told you not to ask questions, right?" I replied, with a serious tone and he nodded.

We talked for some more time and then he left...

Indeed, Tae-hyung and I could not meet nor call on the day of our second dating anniversary. We only sent each other a text message and did not spoke to each other again for the whole day. He later promised me that we would find a way to meet me on my birthday and I promised him to try to make an effort as well.
Living far from each other was really hard but, up to now, we were getting through it pretty well...