A Move

The shift went as smoothly as can be expected. They liked the woods. Arth loved having all his uncles at his home. He introduced everyone to the pack quite adorably.

Pran smiled as he carried around Arth on their way to meet Isco. Ili, Ivory and Jeet accompanied them. Jeet considers Ili his best friend and vice versa, so they get along famously.

Evan was going in the front, to be sure that it's safe. Vir was following the from behind, against just to be on the safe side.

Evan stopped on his tracks as they reached the settlement close to the area where the Betas lived. They were supposed to be back from the Ilse frontiers by now. Someone has been here looking for the pack.

Pran called for his brother in law's and brothers.
They came running and Ili and Jeet took Arth back.

They had already convered some distance by the time they reached. They could hear it. Magnus looked around and saw a golden glow on the land. He crossed it and he could hear the pack call.

"Fuck, they have used the golden granules to curtail the power into the circle. No wonder I didn't hear anything," said Magnus. Samuel nodded.

They were soon covering in.

"They came looking for the pack here. On not finding them they retreated realising they were moving. I think the attackers thought they were moving away than moving back in," said Magnus, smelling and tracing it all back.

The betas Pavel and Remi saw him. They were both fighting hard and Remi managed to lead the pack away. Only the fighters remained after careful maneuvering. The rest were taken to safety. Pavel was fighting side by side with all.

The rogues showered silver powder which only Kanwar was able to resist. He saw Isco running for Pavel and grabbed the kid and hid him from the silver shower. No young wolf would survive it.

Avadh charged in, sending waves of resistance through his sons , nephews and son in laws. Iker followed. No rogues expected the Kings and went down like ash.

Pavel looked at Magnus.

"It was my mistake Alpha Magnus. We did not run a coast clearance check or we could have kept them back at the Ilse frontiers," said Pavel.

"It's okay Pavel, you both stood against them for so long -" and then he broke off seeing the silver arrow in Pavel's body.

"Jana, Pavel is down, go and tend to Remi," said Magnus and grabbed Pavel. Avadh tried to heal him, so did Kanwar. Every wound except the arrow wound was healed.

"I know only family can be healed completely and Assenso's have a curse. I will not survive and Remi won't either. Should have known. Isco- take care of Isco for us," said Pavel. Remi came running and he already looked weak. Kanwar and Avadh tried to remove the bluishness that was clouding Remi's body.

"You don't deserve this. You have no relation to that family now," said Magnus, heartbroken about loosing his best friend.

Pavel pulled down Magnus so that only Remi, Magnus and Jana could hear him. Kanwar and Eka who were nearby also heard.

"If I have lived, I was looking forward to seeing your face when I get your son as my son in law," said Pavel.
Magnus' body shook.

"I was planning on exiling you," said Magnus stubbornly.

"I am sure Jana talked you out of it by reminding you that you won't survive a day without me," said Pavel.

"Yes, and how do you expect me to survive now," said Magnus.

"Keep Ivory here. His Alpha is in Hallerbo. You will have Ivory protecting the family and his Alpha and Clement at your right hand. Make way for Clement soon and he will know who to pass it on to," said Pavel. Magnus sighed.

"You knew this will happen," said Magnus.

"I am a seer dumb ass and listen, you and Samuel might not like who Ivory's mate is. Just don't go all protective older brothers on him and make it all the more difficult for him," said Pavel. Samuel scoffed all the while trying to not let out a howl. Pavel was his beta too.

Remi was being hugged tight by Jana. They had bonded over the kids.

"I am going to skin every one of those rogues alive, I promise," said Jana.

"Idiot, take care of my kid. Pavel says he will be your son in law some dat," said Remi, a small sad smile on his face. Then Pavel and Remi were looking at each other and both turned into ash.

--------------

Isco was screaming. No one could stop the little wolf who had managed to shake off Jeet and Ili and ran back from the safety he was in.

Eka caught him and as he kept on struggling, Kanwar put him to sleep by focusing his energy on the kid.

-------------

The next month was horrible. The rogues were hunted by them and as Jana promised , he skinned them alive. Magnus did not object.

Samuel became more worried about Carles as the healers kept him under observation. Clement and Jeev grew closer. Ili despaired as the birthday approached.

Isco was silent. Arth wouldn't leave his side even when Isco never talks to him properly. They all tried to get him to talk more. Mind healers are always trying to help Isco but he was still in pain. The pain of loss and not belonging is horrible for a small wolf.

-------------------

Eka and Kanwar were out. They were camping. It was not a romantic outing, more like an outing to heal.

Eka smiled as he looked at Kanwar who was asleep on his lap. He will forever remember how Kanwar asked him out for the camp.

Three weeks after the tragedy, everyone was gloomy. Kanwar had come to their room and looked at him.

"We only have so much time in our life. I - I promised you a camping and never saw it through. Will you let me make it up to you?" asked Kanwar and he was practically begging.

Eka agreed and here they were.

------------