Phase.16 : New leaf new life

The morning dews have not yet evaporated and the sun is not even showing up fully in the horizon, but the sounds of clashing woods already resounding in the quiet training field, colored by an occasional grunts and strained breaths. 

"Peng-peng! Watch your feet!" 

"Steady your hand!"

Yanda instructed the younger girl firmly while keep on attacking viciously with enough consideration. Currently both were in the middle of sword training. 

It's been a year. A year since Ying kong shi has been separated from everything She knew. Her family, kingdom, even herself.  

Fortunately she got her voice back after a week, the healer quickly deduced the reason of her muteness was the effect of some traumatic events. 

After the initial shock and confusion, Shi was so lost and doesn't know what to do with herself. Even if she were to reunite with kasuo, she doesn't know whether she could trust him fully like before, Ying kong shi is full of doubt and bitter. So She willingly stayed with the fire sibling, Suogang and yanda. After months living with them, Shi no longer afraid nor nervous infront of them. In fact they are so amusing and quite fun to be arround even if most of times they're simply annoying.

Yanda insisted on calling her peng-peng! Much to her annoyance. The princess often said twas a befitting name for a pet. Suogang always said yanda have a questionable naming sense and Ying kong shi agreed wholeheartedly. Initially shi told the fire sibling her name was yun fei, but yanda simply waved it off as cheesy and stubbornly named her peng - peng instead.

Yanda started to give shi sword and hand to hand combat training seven months ago after the sudden attack on their basecamp by hairy smelly bears (bear tribe) as yanda calls them. shi was thrown and getting hurt in the scuffle. Somehow the fire royals think it's bad to have a weak mortal child among them, at first shi thought they were going to release her but no, they decided to trains her instead. 

"Hold your ground! Don't waver! Don't just stand, attack! Right!left!"

They keep on clashing swords, back and forth. 

Yanda swing her wooden sword aiming for shi's upper left, shi saw her intention through the slight changing in her movement and swiftly move her own wooden sword to intercept the attack timely. 

"That's it! Good!"

Yanda pull her sword, shi stumble forward once the force that pushed on her been lifted so suddenly. Yanda laughs and help her up.

"You're improving well this last month! Keep this up and I will consider to take you along on the next hunt, peng - peng! " 

She said while patting on said peng-peng's head happily. Shi grinning. She is happy too, because she was so bored to be left on her own at the grim army basecamp whenever yanda and suogang leaving for whatever business they have. 

"Go freshen up and prepare My breakfeast" 

Yanda said before giving her wooden sword to shi and leave for her quarter. 

Shi took both swords to her own rooms. She got her own room here, not as luxurious as the royals but certainly not as plain as servants rooms. Tis make her wonder just what is her position in this place. 

After storing the swords in her room, shi quickly went to bathe, the warm bath was already drawn in the wooden tub with rose petals floating on the water, there were stack of towels and fragant soaps and oils ready to use on the side. Again, shi wondering her own disposition. 

After brushing her teeth and gurgling, Shi quickly wash her hairs and body and cleanse the sweat and dirt with the soaps. She soaks in the tub for awhile after rinsing.  

All done, she took two towels from the stack. One for drying up her hairs and one for her body. Finished, she then proceed to wear clothes. 

Even after some month, she never gotten used to wear women clothes yet. Especially with the fact that all her clothes here were actually belong to yanda, she gave them to shi after resized them of course but still the design and the color is never compromised. Much to her dismay. Ying kong shi is not fond of RED!! She rather wear all black than red anyday. 

After sometime rummaging her wardrobe (twas just one big wooden box) shi chose to wear the clothes gifted to her by suogang instead. A red and white hanfu, it's still have red color on it but at least the white color is more dominant. 

She left to the kitchen for princess yanda's breakfeast hurriedly after brushing her hairs.

★'★'★'★'★'★'★'★'★