Ēphēmērãl

Yoongi stood up right and regained his posture after the man's introduction

Yoongi stood up right and regained his posture after the man's introduction. He hesitated a bit, but finally expanded his shaky arm towards the old man. Once he felt their skin touch, he mumbled a "nice to meet you sir" that could be heard so faintly over the sounds imitating from the stove.

Mr Park took the initiative to grab hold of yoongi's hands and pat it slightly—a way of reassurance—before he nodded towards the boy.

Yoongi felt the tension grow more around the room and started to slip his hands away from the other's grip. Mr Park got the hint and let go instantly, then turning his head ever so slightly towards his oldest son. Jimin gave him a look, but his father knew better than to fall for that.

"So, I still don't know who you are or what's your name young man" Mr Park raised his brows, "unless you're a murderer or something".

The air felt too intense until Mr Park started laughing and everyone suddenly began following suit, including Yoongi. He really felt uncomfortable laughing on something so meaningless.

"Is that what the Parks's head of the family looks like? No wonder Jimin is quite a jokester"

Everyone's laughter started drifting gradually into silence, until the youngest member of the family decided to break it, "oh! Mom, what are we having for dessert?!" Jungwoo started getting ecstatic just by the thought.

"Park Jungwoo, how many times have I told you to stop asking about dessert before the actual main course?" Mrs Park had her wooden spatula waving in the steamy air, ready for threat.

Jungwoo looked at Yoongi and whined, "Yoongi! Don't you wanna know what we should have for dessert?" Then he stopped shuffling as his eyes widened, "Or even better, YOU tell us what you want to have for dessert!"

Jungwoo's hysterical moment of excitement came to an end by a spatula catastrophe. The wooden utensil could be heard making slight contact with the boy's shirt fabric—not too hard though—as he raised both arms to rub his back to try and ease the pain.

Yoongi just laughed while clutching his stomach, giving fast glimpses towards his boyfriend with teary eyes.

Jimin on the other hand fell to the floor while chocking on his own laughter, both while kicking his legs freely in the air. Gasps could be heard clearly as Jimin tried to fight for his breath, but failing miserably.

"I really love this moment, could it stay a bit longer?"

"I can't promise, but I'll let it be for now"

I smile crept on jimin's face as the thought slipped through his mind. It was rare to find his inner voice accepting. He could count the times he felt at full ease, and he wasn't gonna let this one go so easily.

Jungwoo dramatically ran out of the kitchen while pretending to be hurt, but the Parks know better than to believe him. Mr Park went to Yoongi and laid a hand on his shoulder, leaning on with most of his weight.

"So seriously, what would you like for dessert?"

"It really doesn't matter" Yoongi breathed.

"Oh no, my wife here is a very good cook! Just name a dish and she'll exceed in it!" Mr Park used a lot of body language, Yoongi noted.

Mrs Park just waved her hand in the air as an act of dismissal, her head shook along with a slight smile, "oh honey, I'm not an expert or anything...but I'd like to try my best with Yoongi's choice of sweet dish"

Yoongi looked down shyly while trying to think of a dish, he doesn't seem to have a choice anyways.

A shrug left Yoongi's shoulder as he suggested to make "mini cinnamon rolls". It seemed that Mrs Park was taken aback a little bit by the choice, because at the end of the day, it's a very tiring dish.

Jimin seemed to get the hint, so he came up with what seemed fun to him, "mom, what about we bake this together? You could make up for hitting Jungwoo and I'd learn something!" He paused, "oh! And Yoongi could help too!"

"What about me?" Mr Park pouted.

Yoongi looked at the old guy and thought, "oh come on...How old is this man?" as he gave himself a mental face palm.

Mrs Park chuckled as she smiled at her husband for reassurance.

"I think we should eat first though Mrs Park, I don't think the stew would taste good if left till we finished our dessert?" Yoongi spoke.

The Parks nodded their heads in agreement before they were headed towards the cabinets to grab the wanted utensils for organising the table.

——————————————————

Yoongi held five china plates in his hands while walking carefully towards the dining table. He saw Jimin assembling the glass cups before their eyes met.

Jimin smiled cheekily at Yoongi before going back to the task at hand. But Yoongi couldn't just let go of his little fluff ball treating him like a piece of nonexistent hair.

So Yoongi placed the dishes on the table and made his way smoothly behind his boyfriend's back.

Jimin let out a small shriek as warm fingers made their way around his tiny waist. Yoongi lowered his head closer to the boy's ears as a hot breath of air tickled the tip of jimin's ear.

"I look forward to holding you close in bed soon" Yoongi's breath felt like daggers into jimin's ear.

Yoongi's face contorted into a sly smirk as he could see a faint blush make its way on the small boy's cheek underneath him. But Jimin seemed to have lost control over himself because by now, all Yoongi could see is a face as red as cherry.

Jimin started fidgeting away from yoongi's hold, but that made the latter's hands tighten around the slim waist even more. His big body pressed against the other's small frame; Yoongi dug his face deeper into the crook of jimin's neck and inhaled deeply the faint scent of vanilla.

"Don't let go.....not yet" Yoongi whispered.

"It's not really a choice Yoongi" Jimin said awkwardly while still trying to remove yoongi's hands off.

"What?"

But Yoongi didn't have to hear an answer because he got it as soon as he looked up. His gaze falling on Mr and Mrs Park holding the main dishes of tonight's dinner. Their eyes wide but Yoongi can't quit understand what the aura around them is giving off.

A rapid movement of Yoongi sends Jimin a good meter away, as he dusts himself off of nonexistent dust. He looks up to face Mr and Mrs Park for the second time, face flushed red in embarrassment.

Yoongi was about to say something to jimin's offence but Mr Park beat him to it.

A scoff left Mr Park's mouth, "I really thought we were gonna have that cliché dinner talk like in the movies, never thought Jimin would come out that way"

A/N: Heyyyyy!!! So here is an update...I'm not really proud of it so I'd like to hear your thoughts abt it❤️❤️ Akso thank youuuu for supporting me and reading my story till now, it's amazing...Let's keep this journey going and don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!!🐹🐹🐹