31

I let the guy's body drop to the ground before walking out of the alleyway and towards the park. I've had a weird feeling all day, and I'm pretty sure I know what it means.

I sat on the park bench, staring at the calm water of the pond. It didn't take long for someone to sit beside me.

"What do you want?" I asked, not looking at them.

"Why did you never tell me?" Dad asked. "I could have helped you."

"But would you have? I'm a villain. I hurt people. Do you have any idea how many times I almost hurt campers? How many times I almost killed them. That I killed Leo?" I clenched my hands, frost coating the area around me. "I told you that you can't ignore the parts about me you don't like. You can't act like you still care about me when you hate me as Blizzard. I'm a threat to the family remember?"

Dad sighed. "Percy, it's one thing to do it because you find pleasure in causing pain and another to survive. I don't-"

"That's exactly what Wally told you guys. What I told you. You refused to believe it until you saw it was me." My chest tightened and I forced a laugh. "Funny how you switched mindsets when you found that out. And here's a fun fact, Dad. All the other ice villains I hang out with? I told them I'm a demigod. They didn't care."

"So it's okay for them to see only one half of you? The half that hurts instead of saves?"

"You don't get it. They've been doing everything in their power to help me and Caitlin. Captain Cold and Mr Freeze break into S.T.A.R. Labs and Wayne Industries to try to find a cure for this stupid condition. And after years of trying, guess what? It's hopeless. I'm stuck like this. I have to live with the constant threat of freezing to death. I'll have to keep stealing heat until I can't or until I die." Tears rolled down my face. "I'm stuck like this because Caitlin tried to kill us instantly so we wouldn't be gunned down or slowly freeze to death. That stupid coolant fused with our DNA and here we are, with both of us wishing it would have killed us. It would have spared us so much pain."

"If I would have known, I would have found a way to help you. Got you a heated blanket."

"Only living heat works. Why do you think we target people? Why do you think we target Firestorm? If we get good enough exposure to his flames, we can be set for a week or even months. Normal people will last us barely a day. That means we have to target over eight hundred people a year between the two of us. Do you really think I want to hurt them?"

Dad's shoulders fell. "I should have noticed you were like this. I should have noticed there was something wrong."

"I kept it hidden for a reason. Could you imagine how the others would react? Not to mention what monster could do if word got out. Dying from freezing to death isn't fun and when there's eight different possible ways for me to freeze to death it makes it even less so." I stared at my hands, forming a shard of ice in my palm. "Though, I'm a great person to have a pool parties. You never run out of ice."

Dad chuckled and before I knew it, he pulled me into a tight hug. I tensed up, but when I realized he was trying to give me heat, I relaxed. After a minute I pulled away from him.

"I'm good."

"You sure?"

"As long as Caitlin doesn't try to steal any and as long as I don't get into any trouble, I'll be good for a while." I gave him a wide smile. "I better get going before Cam starts to worry. He spent the night and- don't give me that look. It's not like I can sleep with someone without killing them. And I can't believe I just said that out loud in the middle of a park. I'm going to go die now. Tell Triton I want him to punch himself."

I ran off before Dad could say anything, or before he could find out I was lying. I know he and the Team know who I am, but I don't know if the League knows. I don't want anything to slip out because I really don't want to deal with them. Not this week.

I made it back to the apartment in one piece. Mom was ready to go, her suitcase packed and sitting by the door.

"Did you talk to him?" She asked.

I nodded and let her kiss my cheek. Our heat supplies balanced out, leaving us with more than enough to survive for a week. "Surprisingly easy to get a god to show up."

"Your bag's in your room. I'm guessing you're taking Blackjack?"

"I don't feel like dying. I'll meet you up there. Same place as usual?"

"Yep. I put extra money in so you can get him donuts."

"You're the best, Mom." I smiled at her before going to grab my bag. "Love you and see you soon."

"Are you seriously leaving now?"

"I need extra time to allow for monster attacks." I shrugged before crawling out the window and whistling.

Boss!

"Hey, buddy. I got some money to get you donuts and then I need you to fly me up north again."

As long as you get me those donuts, I won't complain. Much.

I laughed and climbed onto his back. "Thanks, Blackjack. To the nearest donut shop!"

Its uh...

Well...

I'm not even sure what this is. At all. I don't know what I was doing but you got a chapter

And now a moment of silence of all those who go back to school tomorrow.

I still have a week until class starts up again. Thank you college classes.

Anyway...I don't think this is going to end in a very good place, just because I have one idea on where to end this and it's the next chapter

See yah