19

I looked away from Dad, a lump in my throat.

"Dad...there are some things that you shouldn't know. And this is one of them. If you knew, you'd hate me. You might even take your brother's side in the votes against my life."

"I would never vote against you. You're my daughter." He rested a hand on my shoulder.

I sighed and looked at him. He can't say that, not when he has no idea who I really am. Not when he has no idea of what I've done.

"Right now I am doing everything in my power to keep you safe. I am not giving you an option because I am not willing to let-"

"No! You just don't want to get in another argument with your brother!" I yelled, shooting to my feet. "I have never had a choice when it comes to you guys and I finally get away from it, and then you come and try to drag me straight back in!"

Dad stood up and put a hand on my arm. "At least allow me to heal you, I will manipulate the Mist so they will not remember you being injured."

He didn't give me a choice, surprise surprise. But I was kinda thankful. After it was healed, Dad snapped his fingers and the sling and everything hinting at the previous injury vanished.

I was hoping that would be the end of it. But it wasn't.

"You're still cold. I...I really don't think that you're fine."

I wanted to say no duh, but a problem came up.

"Percy? Are you okay?" Cam stood in the doorway, ice formed around his hand.

I sighed. "I'll go help, but after that you better leave me alone."

"After you explain the third option."

"Sure, now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go convince my boyfriend that you breaking down the door was a complete accident."

"It was an accident." Dad huffed as I walked over to Cam.

Cameron had his eyes trained on Dad, more and more ice forming around his hands.

I quickly took them in my own trying to keep Dad from noticing.

"You okay babe?" Cam mumbled. "Who is that guy?"

"Her father. And a word to the wise, don't hurt her. You won't live to regret it." Dad moved past us and disappeared into the hallway.

"Should I be worried?" Cam raised an eyebrow, frost gathering in his hair.

"No." I lifted my hands to cup his face. "Because we both know what I can do."

He laughed and kissed me. "I don't even care if it's safe or not."

I smiled and pulled away from him. I sat on the couch and patted the cushion next to me. Cameron plopped down next to me with a smile before stretching across my lap.

I ran my fingers through his hair. The frost had fully melted, leaving his hair damp, at least until I dried it. I didn't think that he would really notice.

Eventually a sigh left his lips and he looked up at me. "Are you mad at me?"

"Why would I be mad?" I tilted my head.

"I said I would protect you and I didn't. That's...that's not alright. I mean you see me for me and you still love me. I want to make sure you can count on me.

"Cam, I'm fine. I can take care of myself. And you tried your best. If we hadn't split up, I wouldn't have been able to get out of there." I sighed and tilted my head back. "This is when I'm glad I help out KF from time to time."

Cam whined and shifted, drawing my attention back to him.

"What?" I asked.

"Let me worry about you. You never take injuries-" He shot into a sitting position. "Let me look you over."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm fine. And even if I wasn't I have a faster healing rate. Plus Mom would find out in two seconds. I can't lie to her."

"Babe, you're never this dismissive unless you're hurt. Let me see."

I flicked his forehead. "I'm always like this when I'm around you or the others."

He snorted but left it alone, pulling me into a hug before laying down. My head rested on his chest as his fingers pulled through my hair.

"What did that guy want?"

"I've got a better question. Weren't you off with my mom?" I mumbled, not looking up at him.

Before he answered, a blanket was draped over the two of us.

"Thanks Leonard." Cam moved it so it was more on me.

"I'm going back to sleep. Don't do anything that will get me killed or arrested." He yawned and I heard the floor creak as he walked back towards my room.

I rested my chin on Cam's chest. "Answer the question."

He wrapped an arm around me. "I was, but then our parents decided to hit up Star Labs and dear old Dad didn't want me screwing it up."

I was satisfied with that and I was content to simply lay on him and to be lovey dovey. I had enough heat to go that. Between what I got from Hestia and a little bit from Leonard and from Dad, I'm topped off on heat.

"What are you thinking about?" Cam asked.

"Nothing."

A lie.

Such a lie.

I...

I don't know how I'm going to do this. If I'm supposed to try and capture myself, it's only going to end badly.

Really badly.

Okay so I'm gonna try to publish this tonight

If not it's going up on Saturday and uh, look at the thing I posted on my message board for an important note

And uh

See yah