13

Dad was staring at the two of us while I was barely keeping myself from saying things that would get me grounded.

I shoved Cam onto the floor before walking over to Dad and dragging him out into the hallway. I closed the door behind me so Cam wouldn't be able to hear.

"What the Hades are you doing here?"  I crossed my arms.

"I wanted to check up on you. Now who was that and why was he about to kiss you?"

I sighed. "I'm fine."

Dad raised an eyebrow. "And the answers to my questions?"

"He's a boy I know and he was about kiss me because he was about to kiss me."

"Perseus..."

"Listen, I can take care of myself Dad, you know that. I need you to stop being overprotective and just trust me okay?" I stared up at him.

He sighed and looked away from me. "I know you can take care of yourself. I worry that you aren't taking care of yourself. I know I know." He held up his hands when I glared at him. "But you have to remember, you've never been good at it."

"I do a lot better when I'm not dealing with you guys. Which is why I told you guys to stay out of my life." A bit of frost formed on the floor beneath me, but I melted it before he could notice.

"As I remember you were the one who broke that first." Dad said.

"As I remember I didn't ask to be born. I didn't ask to be thrown into this life. So how about you try to let me live a normal life?" I growled. "And don't try to act like a protective dad either, you don't get to pretend like you care. If you did, you wouldn't be here."

His shoulders dropped as he stared at me. He sighed and pressed a kiss to the top of my head.

"I understand. I love you." He disappeared.

I breathed a sigh of relief before going back inside.

"Who was that?" Cam asked.

"No one who you should be concerned about." I walked over and wrapped my arms around him. I rested my chin on his chest and stared up at him.

He grabbed my waist and picked me up, pressing a light kiss to my lips.

"You really taking advantage of this aren't you?" I asked.

"How often do you actually have enough heat? I mean to the point where you can control the absorption part of it?" He raised an eyebrow.

"True."

Cameron sat me back down. "So uh...do you want to go get lunch?"

I sighed. "I don't know...I should start getting stuff ready for school."

Mom has been reminding me every night to get everything ready but...I've been putting it off.

"Yeah, you go back in a few days don't you? That means you definitely need to go have some fun."

Cam's hand linked with mine and he pulled me out of the apartment.

"Where are we going?" I asked as we walked down the street.

"You know that one diner you like? That place."

Not a lot happened on the way there. Or when we ordered so...

Cameron

I stared at Percy with a smile on my face as she swirled the water in her cup with her straw.

"What?" She glanced up at me, her blue eyes glowing as she froze some water.

"You're cute." I leaned over the table. "And you know I'm not just being nice."

She blushed and her cup frosted over.

"Cam, I just found that out today."

"Yeah, but I've loved you for a few years now...you just kept friendzoning me."

"Hey, how many friendzoned guys-"

"Does it take to change a lightbulb?" I finished, having heard the joke before. "None, they'll just compliment it and wonder why it won't screw."

"Just be glad you got out. If I didn't like you..." A feral grin appeared on her face, causing me to shudder.

"You scare me."

"Good." The grin changed to a smirk. Then she sighed. "Listen Cam...If...people ever come after me, I need you to run. Just run."

"And leave you?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I'll be fine. I deal with a lot of crap." Her fingers tapped against the table and she looked towards the kitchen. "Where the heck is our food?"

"Chill, we just ordered like ten minutes ago."

Percy reached across the table and grabbed my hand, staring at my palm.

"Are you trying to make people uncomfortable?" I asked, actually enjoying it as she traced the lines of my hand.

"Just seeing if you get cold burns when you use your powers." She mumbled. "If you don't, then I might be able to make it so I don't- Thank you." She said as our plates were sat in front of us.

Without another word, she dug in and I did the same.

The food was good and I know she likes this place but...

She stopped eating after a few bites.

"Percy...who was that earlier? You've been acting weird. Well, weirder than you have been lately." I asked.

"He's bad news. Can I get a box?" She asked the waitress.

As I finished my meal, I sighed.

I think I'll surprise her sometime. Maybe make her cookies or something.

I pulled out my wallet and paid the bill before standing up. "Do you want me to walk you home?"

Percy shook her head before giving me a kiss. "I'll be fine."

As she left, I smiled.

I think I have a better idea...

Okay

This is crap but ya know. It's midnight and I'm only up cause this is the only time anime is on TV.

But...

Any ideas?

Cause you know, I'm tired

And...I have homework and....uuuuuuuggggggghhhhhhh

See yah