29

The temperature dropped and frost coated the floor.

"I'm gonna give you one more chance, because if you don't leave right now, well, you're not gonna like what happens next." I said, lifting my arm away from my body.

"We're not leaving without taking you down." Thalia growled.

I shrugged. "Welp, I tried to warn you." I brought my hand down towards the ground. Frost turned to a layer of ice an inch thick.

Artemis lifted her bow and with a simple gesture her hands were frozen to it.

Nico disappeared into a shadow, taking Thalia with him. I'll have to be ready for whatever they're trying to do, not sure how I'll be ready but I'll have to be.

Wally, who was most likely force to be there, took a step and fell on his butt. "Oh no, I've fallen and I can't get up."

"Get yourself some Life- Alert!" I yelled, dodging out of the way of Kaldur's attacks.

He managed to land a hit on me and my eyes flashed green and the water shot to wrap around him before freezing.

I kicked him away and he hit a box, the pile toppling onto him. I didn't wince, shifting my attention to Robin.

He leapt from box to box, tossing birdarangs ar me. I stepped backwards and Connor flew by me stopping when he hit a wall.

I could feel my powers bubbling, trying to break free, trying to take them down.

The pipes burst and a small wind began to pick up.

It wasn't a hurricane and it wasn't a blizzard. Shards of ice spun through the air at frightening speeds, hitting everyone. Red shard soon joined and a feral grin spread across my face.

Nobody could get close to me, and every attempt at reaching me only ended with them getting hit or thrown.

I honestly thought that this would get them to leave me alone.

I forgot about Nico and Thalia.

"Hey Blizzard! How do you feel about the water?"

I didn't have time to process that before I was blasted by water. I hit a pile of crates and groaned. I forgot how much water can hurt.

I shook my head and looked at my cousins, and my dad standing behind them.

I swallowed and clenched my fists. "Really? Bringing an adult to fight a kid? That's low."

"You've killed people." Thalia growled, electricity sparking.

"Not that I had a choice." I mumbled, flinging ice towards them. It helped absolutely nothing since my dad easily deflected it. "And what's his reason? Why would a random person help you? No, not just a person, a god. Why would a god help you? They just use you like pawns, like things they can sacrifice to-"

Water wrapped around me and squeezed tight around me. I gasped for air but I couldn't breathe. I froze the water around me and shattered it. I gritted my teeth as pain shot through my body. I...

I can't keep going like this.

I was blasted backwards again but this time I collapsed to the ground coughing. Before I could get up, I was pulled into a chokehold. I didn't have the energy or heat to fight against them.

Poseidon

When Blizzard didn't fight against me I held her close to me.

"I think if she really needs the heat she won't fight me." I looked at Wally as he opened his mouth to protest.

When those words left my lips, Blizzard began fighting against me. Tears fell down her face, only to freeze. She kept begging me to let her go and she repeatedly mumbled "You'll hate me."

Eventually though, a small groan left her lips and she pressed herself towards me. I could feel heat being leeched from my body. As I watched, her skin lightened in color until the blue was barely a tint. Then it disappeared completely, letting her skin show its true shade.

Her head rested against me and I looked at her face, only for my breath to hitch.

Her eyes cracked open, revealing familar sea green eyes. "See? You hate me don't you?"

Tears welled up in my eyes and I pulled her into a tight hug. "No...no, I don't hate you."

Percy shoved away from me and stood up. "So it's suddenly okay when you know it's me? Whenever it's your kid, your family?! All of you hated my guts except for Wally and that's because we've known each other forever! So I don't want to hear it! If you hated me as Blizzard you have to hate me as Percy because guess what? We're the same damn person. You can't pick and choose which parts of me you want to see. So you better think long and hard before you come after me again, because you know who I am now and if you try to hurt my mom or Leonard or anyone I care about, you will die. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go hang out with my family. My real family."

As Percy walked away, we stared at her. Once she was gone, I swallowed and stared at my hands.

"What did we do?" Thalia whispered, voicing the thought running through my mind.

"We made a mistake. A very big mistake." Nico said.

I wiped my eyes. I hurt her. I attacked my own child. I know she survived one of Catherine's boyfriends and I attacked her. I didn't know it was her but I still tried to hurt my daughter. Even worse, I should have realised she was like this sooner.

Her being cold and leeching heat away from me that one time. Her repeated defense of Blizzard.

My daughter was just trying to live her life, to survive, and we treated her like a monster...

I stood up. "I have to go."

It's kinda crappy but I'm watching a documentary and I need to pick up some stuff cause the Christmas tree is going up tomorrow

See yah