28

I grinned and rolled my shoulders, moving my feet slightly. I stared at Cameron as he shifted his weight.

He launched at me first and I caught him, throwing him away from me. He spun in the air and kicked off of a crate. He tackled me and I kicked him off as I hit the ground. He scrambled to his feet and pinned me down. We ended up rolling across the floor, neither of us willing to give up in our sparring match. Which is kinda why we were rolling across the dirty warehouse floor.

"Would you two get a room?" Cam's dad said.

"Um, no. How about they stop wrestling each other?" Leonard said.

"You're not my dad Leonard." I rolled my eyes, struggling to escape the pin I was in.

"Oh really? Who helped plan your birthday parties? Who taught you to ride a bike? Who went to the Donuts with Dad's program at your elementary? I am very much your dad."

"I guess you are. But don't expect anything for father's day." I burn a cheeseburger for my actually dad, so I'm going to go below that. Mainly so my dad doesn't try to kill Leonard.

Cam stood up and offered me a hand. I grabbed his arm and he hauled me up. He released me and turned to grab his shirt. I turned my head and stole the occasional glance at him. He noticed and grinned.

Mom sighed. "Did you find anything?"

Leonard and Freeze looked at each other. Leonard reached into his bag and pulled out a laptop. He struggled with a flash drive before pulling up some documents.

Mom leaned over his shoulder and I looked over his other shoulder. The words scrolled by before I could figure out what they said and I looked at Mom.

Her lips were pressed together as she read the report. She grabbed a pen and started scratching out equations. She then scribbled them out and sighed.

"Please tell me that this doesn't mean what I think it means."

My heart sank. "We're stuck like this aren't we?"

Leonard nodded. "From the data I got by running different tests, there's no way to reverse what the coolant did to you. It's fully integrated into your DNA."

I swallowed. "So am I just supposed to keep draining people's heat for the rest of my life?"

"It looks like it." Leonard nodded. "Any attempt to reverse the exposure to the coolant would kill you. I mean, most likely. But I don't think we should take that risk."

Mom pinched the bridge of her nose. "Yeah, I don't think we should either. I don't want her to live with this but I don't want to risk either of us dying when we don't even know if it would work."

There was a loud bang and Leonard grabbed his gun. Cam formed a spike of ice. The others didn't do much, mainly because they knew the four of us who were prepared could handle this.

"We're not alone." I warned, though that was pretty obvious. My eyes trained onto a pile of crates and I stretched out my hand. Ice shot from my palm and surrounded the boxes.

The Team darted out from behind their cover as I blocked off their exits and a grin spread across my face.

"I really thought Percy would have scared you off. But I guess you guys are idiots." I said.

"You-"

"Kill people?" I guessed. "Let me tell you something, you play with ice you're going to get frostbite. You play in a blizzard, you're going to get killed."

"Junior, get the others out of here. Blizzard and I can handle them." Mom said.

"But-"

"Now! And teach your kid not to argue Icicle."

"Teach that to yours and I'll think about it."

There were audible footsteps as the others ran off and I kept my eye on the Team to make sure they wouldn't try to attack.

I shifted my gaze to stare down my cousins. As I did, the air around me dropped by about ten degrees and my breath became more and more visible.

You'd think they'd listen to me. You'd think they wouldn't be stupid enough to go after someone I specifically told them not to go after.

I told them they'd regret going after Blizzard. And I wasn't lying. Right now, they're a threat to my family and I'm not going to let them do that.

"Mom, I think I can handle this myself."

"I'm not letting you do this by yourself."

"Just...please, go. Trust me on this okay?"

Mom backed away. "Be home by ten." She took off and when Nico started towards a shadow, I froze him to the floor.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. You might make me mad." A feral grin spread across my face.

If they make me mad enough, I'm going to snap. And if I snap, it's not just going to be my ice powers going wild, it'll be my water powers too. And the pipes in this building have water in them, along with the hydrant outside. There's plenty of stuff for me to use as a weapon and I'll use everything at my disposal.

Including themselves.

Because if they're going to try to hurt me or Mom, I'm going to hurt them.

"We're not scared of you." Connor said.

I chuckled darkly. "You should be."

Okay its crap and I'm tired

But happy Halloween

I'll post a picture of my costume eventually but I want to watch this show and go to bed

Anyway...

What do you guys want to see?

See yah