Chapter Four

Cassie

'Okay class, tonight for homework I need you to do Page 1, Activity D. It's due tomorrow.' Mr Clarke said.

Page 1 Activity D.
1 Activity D.
1D.

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICES THESE THINGS?

'So we have to do 1D tonight?' I asked, double checking I had heard it right and that my fangirling wasn't making my brain go haywire.

The entire classroom laughed at my question and it was at that moment that I'd realised what I had just said.

'SICK MINDED WEIRDOS!' I yelled at them all, looking around the class and pointing at each individual. They must all know how disgusted I am in them.

'Okay, Cassie, that's enough. The rest of you, please stop being so immature.' Mr Clarke said, rolling his eyes dramatically.

You know sometimes I think Mr Clarke actually hates us. Which is weird you know because usually people become teachers because they love children, but okay.

The bell rings, which really makes me realise everybody's main priority in this classroom, and that is to get out immediately.

It's like they're all laughing, having a good time, when BOOM, bell rings and they're gone like the wind.

'Hey, is your mom picking you up, or are you walking home?' Nikita asks

'Nah, I'm walking.' I grin, although on the inside I'm planning my funeral, because we all know walking and me don't go well together.

Which is weird, because my surname is Walker, but you know, whatever.

'Okay cool, we can walk together, maybe get Starbucks on the way?' she asks excitedly.

'Sounds good, let me just get my stuff.' I grinned, excited about the concept of drinking coffee.

I gather my stuff, send a quick wink and a wave to Mr Clark (who rolls his eyes at me) and am out the door with Nikita in tow.

We hastily exit prison and start on the perilous journey that is... walking down the street. I quickly whip out my cellphone, ready to make the adventure a lot less sad at having to exercise, and more fun. I click shuffle and a song begins to play.

'May I ask what it is you're doing?' Nikita asks, staring at me unamused.

'Trying out this thing, I don't know if you've heard of it, it's called fun. Not sure why but I vowed to have more of it, so here I am." I grinned

I decide that since we're already exercising, may as well make it fun. I begin to bust a few moves that would make a professional dancer jealous.

Not really.

It would probably just make them laugh, like Nikita is currently doing right now.

I'm about to start break dancing on the sidewalk when a car speeds past, hooting at is in the process. I manage to glance through the side window, only to see somebody giving me a thumbs up.

This is the real life version of a Facebook like, isn't it?

Well thanks kind stranger, glad you enjoy my dancing.

I'll be having my own show soon sir, please stop by to witness more incredible dance moves - only this time I'm going to make you pay to see me perform, as I have a family to feed you know.