Chapter Seventeen: Guilty

The next day (March 29th)
Jaylein pov

"Mommy ion wanna go to school." Reece complained to me as I sat his plate in front of him.

"Why not baby?" I asked him looking concern.

"Because I just don't want to." He simply said.

"It must be a reason Lil nigga." Chris chimed in while pouring himself some orange juice.

"Nope just don't wanna go." He said shrugging.

"To bad your going." I told him walking out the kitchen to grab roro out her play pin. "Hey Babygirl." I told her with a smile but she just looked at me.

I chuckled and just looked at her.

"Sorry to ruin your fun but it's time to eat

"Sorry to ruin your fun but it's time to eat." I told her picking her up and she immediately got happy.

We made our way back to the kitchen where Reece was still trying to get out of going to school.

"Maurice yo ass going to school so stop complaining about the shit." Chris told him and Maurice sighed.

"If you give us a good reason then we can consider it." I told him strapping Royalty into her high chair.

"Jason was there yesterday." He said looking at me. I started back into his eyes which were just like his fathers. "He tried to pick me up early but I didn't wanna go with him." He added on. "Ms.Beckem said she was gonna call you."

I sighed of stress and Chris responded. "You going and we'll just take him off the list to communicate with you, so hurry up and eat."

...

Jaylein pov

While Chris went to drop Reece off in my truck, I got me and Royalty ready for Travis's court hearing. I was debating if I wanted to drop her off with trey since Bernice was working today but last time I left my kids with him Reece lost a perfectly good baby tooth. And Red, he just isn't the type of guy you ask to babysit, he's a great uncle tho. And ever since Chris thinks August is switching up I can't trust him.

After bathing us both I wrapped my body in a towel then hers then put one on our heads. I grabbed my phone and walked us both to my bedroom.

...