How Could I Be So Blind?

Michaela’s POV

I woke up a few hours later and was now landing in London, it’s been 2 years since I was last here and I felt like I grew up here, I loved it so much.

As I was walking out of the plane I saw the London Eye and my heart sank… memories killed me.

I got in the taxi and when he asked me where to I died, his accent was so beautiful. I gave him the address to the college and he started to drive. It was about a 30 minute drive until we arrived in front of the college, wow. The college was so beautiful, the sun was just setting and the college lights were on so it had a beautiful background light plus the lights on the college, if I was a photographer this picture would make MONEY!

I entered my assigned dorm and walked into my room, there was one other girl in there. She was playing One Direction… this should be fun since I was the front page of magazines 2 years ago with Harry Styles kissing me.

“Uhm… hi.” I said awkwardly. She turned around and… boom.

“Fancy seeing you here huh?” She asked with a wink.

“VIC-FUCKING-TORIA?!” I yelled.

She ran over and hugged me. I was so amazed.

“How did you-“ I said before she cut me off with “Michaela, we’ve been best friends since 9th grade… I know exactly what you want to do with your life.”

“You’re freaking amazing.” I said.

We sat down and talked for 2 hours and then the headmistress made an announcement on the loud speaker telling us to report to the main hall, we did as told.

The headmistress was tall, lanky, and dressed like she was from the 1600’s. She was telling us the basic rules: No boys, the curfew, no violence, etc. She finally shut up after an hour and left us to explore the campus.

“So… how have you been?” Victoria asked.

“Uhm, do I really have to answer that?” I asked.

“Nope, why did you leave?” She asked stopping dead in her tracks.

“Everything was a mess, my emotions were in a bundle, and I hurt Zayn so badly… I was tired of screwing up so I left.” I told her tearing up.

“Screwing up? You accidently said something to Zayn and he held a grudge, Harry? Do you think that was your fault?!” She asked.

“I clearly wasn’t good enough for him, that girl was.” I said.

“Honey, look. You’re perfect. You can’t blame yourself because he was an asshole, why can’t you see he doesn’t truly love you… Zayn does.” She said.

“Uhm, excuse me?” I asked.

“Nothing, just nothing. Forget it, heeeyyyy look at that building ain’t it neat?” She asked trying to get off topic.

“NO VICTORIA WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!” I yelled.

“You’re so blind, you’ve made yourself believe Harry is innocent, he had sex with her? Over a picture? No, that’s bullshit and you know it. Who was always there for you? Who was always hurt when you were? Who did you walk out on? … Zayn.” She said.

At this point tears were streaming down my face, those words hurt so bad… how could I be so blind?

“When are you going to see them next?” I asked her.

“This Tuesday, Niall has Jessica.” She replied.

“I’m coming with.” I told her.

“REALLY?!” She asked excitedly.

“Yes, I know what I have to do.” I replied. She smiled and nodded, I was going to fix everything I had broken and walked out on.