seven.

the next morning zara wakes up and is slightly confused by her surroundings

the next morning zara wakes up and is slightly confused by her surroundings. she sits up, rubbing her eyes carefully, before noticing a familiar body next to her.

dele and zara didn't sleep together, don't get any ideas. they just spent the rest of yesterday talking to each other and by then she had a little too much to drink it was quite late. dele used that as an excuse but in fact he didn't want her to leave.

'hey where are you going?' asks dele groggily as he notices her getting her handbag ready.

'i need to get home and get some proper clothes. i can't just wearing yours. and plus you have a game today! i don't want be in your way.'

'come on please stay zara, i'll make you some breakfast. i'll quiqup you some clothes! then i can take you to the game.'

'thanks but no thanks, i need to go home! i appreciate you for cooking letting me stay here and lending me your clothes. and plus you've given me free tickets to the game!'

'alright alright. i'll see you after the game yeah?' he says looking up at her, she just leans over to him, kisses him slightly and smiles.

'i'll be there. see you later dele.'

• •

later that day, zara is sat in the stands at wembley stadium. because of course, the new stadium isn't finished.

zara hasn't been to a football match in a couple of years, when she used to spend time in italy with her father, they used to go to see their local team, inter milan. despite being born in england and raised here most of her life, she was never interested in english football. it never got her as hyped or excited as italian football. but when it came to international football, she supported both.

zara quickly takes a picture of wembley and uploads it to her instagram when she hears sudden cheers and booing coming from around her. she looks up and the spurs and arsenal players come out the tunnel to warm up. she sees dele in the distance and smiles, he's talking to harry about something. probably about some of their tactics about the game.

they warm for about twenty minutes before they head back into the tunnels.

'so dele how did it go with zara?' asks harry in the locker room. dele only told harry because he knows unlike eric, he knows how to keep his mouth shut.

'it went well yeah.' says dele with a smile.

'that's great to hear, i told you you would both get on.'

'yeah, she's coming over after the game as well. she's not really a fan of english football, i'm going to try and score for her so i didn't waste her time.'

harry looks at his friend and teammate and smiles slightly.

'you're really starting to like her aren't you dele?'

'i guess i am. but i don't want to rush into anything you know.' says dele with a shrug before they both leave the locker rooms again.

• •

the match has just finished and tottenham just four two to arsenal. the team are disappointed with the results, knowing that they could have played better.

dele has just finished getting changed after he showered packed his bag and is ready to leave the stadium. despite being disappointed and annoyed with himself for not playing better, he isn't going to let his mood ruin zara's. he grabs his bag and heads towards the door until eric calls after him.

'you're heading off pretty quick, where are you doing?' says eric making dele roll his eyes. thankfully his back is turned to him so he doesn't see him.

why does he have to be so fucking nosey, he thought.

'i just have to be somewhere.'

'where?'

'it's none of your business!'

'i'm your best friend of course it's my business.'

'i just have an appointment.' says dele quickly.

'an appointment?'

'yes at the dentist, i'm gonna be late.'

eric doesn't even get to say another word before dele rushes out of the locker room to meet up with zara.

as he arrives at the meeting place he told her to meet at, he notices she isn't there. considering the match finished nearly twenty minutes ago, he's surprised she isn't out here. he gets his phone out of his pocket and texts her.

dele alli: hey zara, i'm outside

he leans against his car, scrolling though his phone waiting for a reply but still no luck. he just frowns before opening up the message app and texting her again.

dele alli: i don't like harassing people with texts but are you okay z?

dele waits another ten minutes but he doesn't get another answer. he just puts his phone away sighing gets into his car and drives back to his house.