nine.

it's been just over two weeks since dele and zara last spoke to each other

it's been just over two weeks since dele and zara last spoke to each other. dele has been concentrating on football. zara has been trying to contact dele to explain who joe but he's blocked her number.

dele knows he's been slightly overdramatic but he's been played with too many times to be played with again. he thought zara was different, that she liked him for him. but turns out she's just like the others.

but little does dele know, joe is one of zara's oldest friends. they knew each other at primary school until he moved to brazil when he was sixteen and now he's back. zara is letting him stay at her place until he finds his own place.

she is slowly pissed off by the way dele acted. she understands that dele has slight trust issues but he didn't have to overreact and let her explain what was going on. she just wanted to say joe was her friend and he was in fact gay. if he hadn't acted that way, they wouldn't be in this mess.

after a long day at work, zara walks into her apartment where joe is sat at the dining room table working on his laptop.

'hey good day at work?' he says.

'tiring.' she says sighing, taking off her shoes and sitting on the sofa.

'have you heard from dele?'

'no i haven't.'

'i definitely think you should go over his place and explain. because calling and texting isn't working at all, plus he's unfollowed you on instagram. i'm pretty he's blocked you z. if it's any help, i'll even come with you.'

'no joe, i can't.'

'come on you've been moping around about him this entire time. you're going to have to do something sooner or later.' he says sitting next to her.

'i choose later.'

joe signs at his friend, shaking his head at her. he knows deep down she's missing him like crazy but she won't admit, she would never admit anything like that about a man.

'sorry i will not allow you to be like this. we're going over to his house now to talk to him. i want you to stop being miserable. he's probably just as miserable as you are. you're both just too stubborn to do anything about it.'

'joe no please. he might not be at home.'

'but he might be.'

'no please no.'

'we're going zara.'

'joe no.'

'zara yes.

'i refuse to go.' she says looking at him with her arms crossed.

• •

'i hate you.' she says as they get out of his car, parked across the street from dele's house.

'so this is what living life as a footballer is like huh?' he says as they walk up the driveway to his front door.

joe knocks on the front door, looks at zara who is looking at the floor.

'well looks like he's not in, let's go!' she says suddenly turning around but joe suddenly grabs her and turns her around.

dele opens the front door, looks at them in disgust before going to shut the front door but zara blocks the front door.

'dele please.' she says looking at him.

'you brought your boyfriend with you? just to rub it in, i see.'

'just let me explain.'

'i don't think you need to, i understand it quite well. anyway have a safe trip back.' says dele going to shut the door again.

'mate, if this helps, i'm actually gay.' joe says and dele stops suddenly.

'wait what?'

'i'm gay. look, i love zara but not in that way. she explained to me who you are and she really likes you, the way you acted without letting her explain kinda broke her heart. so i came here myself to tell you.'

'i've known joe since we were little kids.' says zara finally looking up at dele who's looking at her.

'i understand why you reacted that way, if i saw another woman at your house like that i would have been the same. i just wish you let me explain.'

'i wish you had mate, she's been a mess over you.' joe says laughing slightly, embarrassing his friend who's stood next to him, rolling his eyes.

'why are you both apologising? i should be the one who's apologising. i'm sorry i overreacted and assisted he was your boyfriend or whatever before he even knowing. i was pissed off, got slightly jealous and didn't even give you time to explain. i'm sorry for overreacting and blocking your number.' says dele.

'alright you're both sorry. are you both good now?' says joe rolling his eyes making them both laugh.

'come here you.' says dele with a grin as he brings her close to him and wrapping his arms around her.

'i've missed you asshole.' she says into his chest making him laugh and kiss the top of her head.

'missed you too babe.'

messy as hell but okay
wasn't my original plan but my idea wasn't good so i made them get on good terms again. also, they are not a couple js